cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user516WQxipXD
Asteroid

Note 8 HDR Problem in Netflix and YouTube

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am on the highest tier on Netflix subscription and yet the HDR tag on HDR videos in netflix is not showing. HDR quality videos also not showing on videos that used to show properly before the update. Both issues happened after android pie/one ui update. 

Display is already set as WQHD+ and Video Enhancer turned on.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 HDR Problem in Netflix and YouTube

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate you confirming this information with us. Until an update comes available on the situation, I would recommend following up with Netflix regarding this specific concern to see if they have any resolution to the app tagging videos in HDR. The developer off the app could be also be a method to resolve this concern. If you go to the Playstore and pull up your Netflix app; It should have contact information for the developer on there. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried logging out of Netflix and logging back in?

user516WQxipXD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes i have. I have also tried clearing the cache and reinstalling the app. Both have not fixed this issue.

Ginamch
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Might be a Netflix issue as they recently made lots of changes.

user516WQxipXD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought that as well but i also have this issue with youtube. Before the update, i can select HDR on the video quality on HDR videos in youtube. Now it's gone. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some videos do not have HDR capability. You should also be able to slide through a list of titles in Ultra HD as you would New Arrivals, Trending Now, and Recently Watched. Keep paging down through those categories if you don’t see Ultra HD right away. You can search for titles using our list of all Netflix Ultra HD titles.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user516WQxipXD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 4K HDR tv. That is how i know a video has HDR capabilities or not. On the TV, there is a HDR tag on a video to let me know that this title is capable of HDR. 

Before the pie/one UI update on note 8 , the HDR tag on the netflix app videos shows up. This means the Note 8 is capable of playing this in HDR. After the update, the HDR tag is gone on known HDR videos.

Are you also on the latest Pie/One UI update? Does your netflix app show the HDR tag on HDR videos?

userZubDDJ87ym
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I also have the same problem with both of these apps, all like you, happened after the update to pie

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to tell the quality of the video is not displaying in HDR or is the tag the only symptom that is wrong with the app?

user516WQxipXD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh yeah. You can easily tell when the HDR kicks in. You can tell by the very visible change in contrast in the video, dark blacks, vibrant colors, etc. One way to also tell is I turn on blue light filter. When HDR starts, it turns off the blue light filter on the scene. You can test it out by playing HDR youtube videos full screen. If it works, the blue filter turns off. If you exit full screen, blue light filter turns on again