cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrAntPerky
Cosmic Ray

Note 8 Injustice

We should be included in any and all updates for a few years to come. Until then, forced to buy new phones to get the latest OS systems, have to switch brands to someone who really cares I guess!!!

7 REPLIES 7
JuanR4140
Astronaut

Re: Note 8 Injustice

The thing is, I don't think older phones can keep up with new updates over time.

userB1lstBbEtq
Asteroid

Older phones just don't have the RAM capabilities to keep up with the ever growing and changing UI and Android updates. The N8 and N9 are great phones and I've had them all. Some phones need to stay on a particular Android version but will still have their security patches pushed through OTA.

MrAntPerky
Cosmic Ray

Not much time has passed though for us Note 8 folks to be excluded from the very latest updates, not even 5 yrs, maybe just a couple at best. We deserve better consideration than that!

xxiForza
Astronaut

I see my Note 4 with a custom rom based on Android 9 Pie and make me ask myself...why Samsung let their phones die so fast? Why not let the community take care after those 2 updates?

RolfVonHessen
Cosmic Ray

What's that got to do with justice or injustice ? 

MrAntPerky
Cosmic Ray

I guess the injustice would be that we would have to beg to keep up with the latest OS updates, the justice would be that you even had to ask!

RolfVonHessen
Cosmic Ray

@MrAntPerky wrote:

I guess the injustice would be that we would have to beg to keep up with the latest OS updates, the justice would be that you even had to ask!

That doesn't answer my question. You want something from somebody that is not part of any agreement. If you don't get it then that's to be expected and bad luck. Nothing to do with justice or injustice