cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 8, Messages 4.3 - how do I set notifications to repeat?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a way to set message notifications to repeat? Sometimes I miss the sound of the text (noisy place, etc) and it would be good to have a follow-up notification if I haven't viewed a text message after some number of minutes

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8, Messages 4.3 - how do I set notifications to repeat?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to SETTINGS, NOTIFICATIONS. Scroll to very bottom. You will see, "Looking for something else?" and there are 3 options. Tap NOTIFICATION REMINDER.  You can set your reminder intervals for any and all your apps here. It will show you all your apps. Turn off any app that you don't want repeated notifications from.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to SETTINGS, NOTIFICATIONS. Scroll to very bottom. You will see, "Looking for something else?" and there are 3 options. Tap NOTIFICATION REMINDER.  You can set your reminder intervals for any and all your apps here. It will show you all your apps. Turn off any app that you don't want repeated notifications from.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you @user99Ctbso61O!  This was just what I needed.  I very much appreciate the clear, easy to follow instructions.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!

I wish this as in the documentation, but happy to find a solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem with this is that Samsung changed to this global setting. ie: all apps "switched on" have to have all the same time settings. Back in the days of the Note 4, the settings were individual to each app. For instance it was possible to set 1 app to notify 3 times maximum every 15 minutes, while another app could notify 7 times every 4 minutes (or whatever variation you wanted to set). Another feature was that the notification reminder featured the reminder tone setting applicable to the app, so that you could identify what type of reminder repeat you were recieving, where as currently all apps notify you with the default setting on the phone. It is a great pity that we don't have this flexibility now.