cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8 Proximity Sensor Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked but seems like I have to do it again every time I restart the phone. What does cache has anything to do with the issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have started using Samsung Note 8 for just couple of months. The proximity sensor has started being non-functional for the last few days. I do not use the case and there is no problem in the To get rid of the problem, I reset the phone to factory default but without any help. Please help me. Details of the phone are as follows-

* Build Number: R16NW.N950FXXS5CRJ6

* Baseband Version (Software Information): N950FXXU5CRHA

* Carrier: NEPAL TELECOM

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this info! As this is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek support for your area. You can do so here: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone was new and it started after the update and Tmobile replaced it and now the replacement phone is doing the same exact thing. In fact when making a call my ear and face chane the brightness, auto rotation and even turn on the flashlight because the screen is still active while im calling. They say I have to have it evaluated and repaired but I NEED MY PHONE FOR WORK cant send it in and wait. what can be done?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraI2ZbResBV have you tried the recommendation provided by user2LmbiXdt1P and userQJspWv9LoM?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi and thanks for the respose. This is the info for my Note 8:

Model: SM-N95OF

Baseband Verson: N95OFXXU5CRHA

Carrier: Originally T-Mobile but now unlocked and use on AT&T

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I HAVE ALSO FACE THIS PROBLEM IN MY SAMSUNG S8 2 TIMES TRY THIS TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM ITS WORK FOR ME 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi am also having the same problem  with my galaxy Note 8 during a call it can't ho off before it was ok just yesterday after some updates it started it

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, my Note 8 is also having this issue, wondering if you have found a solution? It started happening after Android 8 update. I have Verizon note 8. Baseband N950USQS4CRE1. I have tried a factory reset and wipe cache with no success. I have also tried a different phone app and it is still doing it. It is intermittent. Also sometimes the light sensor for autbrightness won't function correctly and moving the brightness setting does not increase brightness. Leaving the phone alone for several minutes or restarting the phone will get brightness to work again.