Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Note 8 Proximity Sensor Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQJspWv9LoM wrote:

Hello, my Note 8 is also having this issue, wondering if you have found a solution? It started happening after Android 8 update. I have Verizon note 8. Baseband N950USQS4CRE1. I have tried a factory reset and wipe cache with no success. I have also tried a different phone app and it is still doing it. It is intermittent. Also sometimes the light sensor for autbrightness won't function correctly and moving the brightness setting does not increase brightness. Leaving the phone alone for several minutes or restarting the phone will get brightness to work again. 

scroll up to the moderators post about number to call and repair facilities. maily in the united states   @SamsungTrevor

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi and sorry for the late response. I tried everything possible but unable to get a solution. At the end I had to ship it to Samsung for repairs under warranty. I got it back within a week and I am yet to test it to know for sure if the problem is fixed. Somehow they had to replace a part number that I later find out to be the motherboard. Not sure why the a simple proximity sensor issue requires the replacement of the entire motherboard. One warning to you though: If you decide to ship it to them for repairs and your phone is unlocked please note that they will probably lock your phone back to the original network. Thats what happened with mine. I paid it in full and had T-Mobile unlock it and then use it on AT&T but now it is locked back to T-Mobile.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ibenzawla wrote:

Hi and sorry for the late response. I tried everything possible but unable to get a solution. At the end I had to ship it to Samsung for repairs under warranty. I got it back within a week and I am yet to test it to know for sure if the problem is fixed. Somehow they had to replace a part number that I later find out to be the motherboard. Not sure why the a simple proximity sensor issue requires the replacement of the entire motherboard. One warning to you though: If you decide to ship it to them for repairs and your phone is unlocked please note that they will probably lock your phone back to the original network. Thats what happened with mine. I paid it in full and had T-Mobile unlock it and then use it on AT&T but now it is locked back to T-Mobile.

IM CONFIDENT it will work fine if samsung worked on it. the techs are professional.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"IM CONFIDENT it will work fine if samsung worked on it. the techs are professional."

I am confident as well but its also true that even the mighty Samsung makes mistakes. Its part of the game.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ibenzawla wrote:

"IM CONFIDENT it will work fine if samsung worked on it. the techs are professional."

I am confident as well but its also true that even the mighty Samsung makes mistakes. Its part of the game.

i speak from experience.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"i speak from experience."

Samer as me. I've used countless Samsungs.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ibenzawla wrote:

"i speak from experience."

Samer as me. I've used countless Samsungs.

support isnt quite smooth but techs are the best.

s6. 2 s7edges, 2 NOTE 7S, 2 S8PLUSES, AND 2 NOTE 8S.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"support isnt quite smooth but techs are the best."

That is up to people to decide.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ibenzawla wrote:

"support isnt quite smooth but techs are the best."