cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note 8 Proximity Sensor Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since Oreo, when talking to somrsom in hanfdhand mode, my screen turns off . I don't think the screen used tonturn off when in speskerphone mode before Oreo?

usercrEe9jmhYv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its becoming to seem a common issue for  galaxynote 8 so why samsung don't work on it to make a software update rollout if they are professionals???

ibenzawla
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the proximity sensor issue happened again even after they replaced the entire motherboard. Just as I expected it is most like a software issue related to the new Oreo update. I have now sold the Note 8 and go back to my slow but trusted Galaxy Note 4.

ROHITS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue.. many people are getting this problem but Samsung is sleeping on it.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this a shot; 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Toni
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU!!!

@SamsungJace wrote:

Give this a shot; 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem! I'm glad it worked for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MLM1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I do this with Note 9? Settings are different. My proximaty sensor isnt working 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MLM1 You would use the same steps as usernFWheplRXD provided.

Highlighted
MLM1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

@MLM1 You would use the same steps as usernFWheplRXD provided.

Thanks didnt work for me.  I cleaned from boot log.  Extremely frustrating