cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservia4Z9PFWP
Constellation

Note 8 S Pen Extremely Glitchy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having nothing but trouble with my S pen on my note 8. Sometimes it won't respond at all when using it on the screen. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it picks up on the hover mode and sometimes it doesn't.  It just seems like when I want to use my S pen it's pointless because it won't detect it when I want to scroll, click on things and then other times the hover feature moves the page when I don't want it to. It seems very glitchy and it's beyond annoying. Is anyone else having issues like this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Note 8 S Pen Extremely Glitchy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm glad my suggestion fixed it for you. It's a shame the people at Samsung tech support don't suggest this to people. Please click the "this helped me" on my post if it did help.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
user8IgqQKrnoU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the exact same symptoms. In addition, whenever I use the S Pen on any random app, either to type, write, draw or click, the app freezes within 15 seconds after initial use, and/or the Note 8 crashes, forcing me to restart the phone. 

Samsung is not aware of this problem on 22 Sept 2017. They suggest returning the S Pen for replacement. Don't. The pen is not defective because I tried it on another Note 8 and it worked fine. However when using the pen of that other Note 8 on my phone, it created the same crashes. 

Removing the case and performing Factory Resets does not  help. No improvement. 

Unable to find a solution, customer service at TMobile suggested to exchange the phone. I obtained a new Note 8 yesterday and it's having the same issues. Apps and/or phone crash within seconds of using the S Pen. I find it hard to believe that this second Note 8 would also be defective. 

Anyone else having these issues? Is there a solution or fix? If not, how to make Samsung aware of this problem and spur them into action?

uservia4Z9PFWP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I replaced my tip on my spen and it seems to be working a little better 

user8IgqQKrnoU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution found. Do not transfer data from another device when experiencing the issues descibed above. 

Using the S Pen to set up the phone after performing a Factory Reset, I noticed that the pen stopped working properly during the transfer of data and apps from my other device (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2).

I immediately halted the transfer and started over with yet another Factory Reset. This time, when setting up the phone, I opted not to transfer any data or apps from another device. It was a long process having to download each individual non-native app from Google Playstore and all, but it definitely helped save the functions of the S Pen. The S Pen works flawless now, no more glitches and/or crashes.

Apologies to Samsung and TMobile for returning a Note 8 phone that was actually not defective as it turns out. If anyone in their Technical Support teams would have made a suggestion in this direction, it would have been prevented, saving time and expense.

I hope this helps others who may experience similar problems.

userHyyx1PoHsE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i think your a little on the nutty side my self
userQ473yomDUE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i have the same issue...this is my 2nd note 8. the 1st one i sent it back and replace it with a new one. Now they asked me to send the phone back again for software repair. Reps were saying that they were trying to fix the problem as the note 8 has different software. you are not alone. i ordered mine from samsung.
Wicked68
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It probably is a software issue, which will require a OTA. They aren't going to fix a software issue 1 phone at a time, so I wouldn't send it back. I just started using my Note 8, so I'll see if I have this problem.

user2KJntZ7Fcb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 8 is doing the same thing, especially freezing the device requiring a reset. 

userFdXeW6Qpar
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 8 is doing the same thing. I don't want to do a factory reset....what a pain. Grrrr!

HappyHopi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No problem with the Sunday pen on my Note8. However, when I put the S Pen back into its sleeve on the phone, it get stuck. I have to wedge it out with my pen knife. Any thoughts.