cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userMvbJX4YvDF
Constellation

Note 8 battery swollen and caused the back to separate from the phone

This is not the first time a Samsung phone and/or tablet has exhibited this issue: the batteries swell up after a year of use, and destroy the phone(s).  Since purchasing this phone, I have been obsessive about keeping it off the charger, letting the battery die down to about 25%, charging it back up, etc., so that the excuse of "you left it on charge too long" could not be used.

Now I'm stuck with a very expensive I don't even know what to call it -- I don't want to even use it as a paperweight, since I don't know what this battery will do.

Does Samsung have ANY options to get this battery replaced for me, since it is obviously a design flaw?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 battery swollen and caused the back to separate from the phone

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userkMolLhmKZx
Constellation

I have noticed that in the last week my Note 8 is getting very hot during charging.  I only charge over night.  I also noticed that the back is slightly swollen, enough so that you can spin it on a flat surface.   I know it's only a matter of time before it breaks the back.  How sad because I don't want to buy another phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userkMolLhmKZx Thank you for reaching out! If you have a swollen battery please call 1-800-726-7864 for immediate assistance.