cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Note 8 bluetooth pairing issues JBL

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I ditched my laptop to use a Note 8 and Dex full time.
I decided the monitor and phone speakers were not good enough.
I bought a Bluetooth JBL Extreme to solve that problem.
And it did and worked fine for a month.

Now all of a sudden, The Note 8 will pair and the speaker will shut off.
I've tested 2 other phones with the connection of the speaker, And both other phones (LG V30+'s) work without issue.
I've turned off developer options (enabled for DeX max app) , factory reset the speaker, un installed and reinstalled the JBL connect app, restarted the Note 8 numerous times inbetween those actions, cleared the bluetooth cache and it still persists. It functioned normally once out of all of those actions. Then went back into its normal routine of not working.

Any idea's?

Here's my video showing it in action
https://twitter.com/DemiGodAchilles/status/947189263246024704

Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Note 8 bluetooth pairing issues JBL

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue solved.
After a chat with samsung , they checked the info on my device and after putting it in safe mode, everything worked as normal.
They suggested it was a rouge app, and it indeed was.
I sent them the info as well as an email to the developer of the app

The app is called BatOn

Edit: it applied to the V30+ as well. It wasn't specific to the note Screenshot_2018-01-07-15-11-47.png

5 REPLIES 5
userjOjexpAHDa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem with a Bluetooth device however this last security update fix that issue. I have service through T-Mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Verizon, my carrier for the Note 8, just pushed the December 1 security patch as well. So I'm up to date on that front. Unless Verizon screwed the pooch somewhere along the line.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@eastcoastcracka wrote:

Verizon, my carrier for the Note 8, just pushed the December 1 security patch as well. So I'm up to date on that front. Unless Verizon screwed the pooch somewhere along the line.

If it happened after the Verizon Update it's probably their fault. It's amazing how badly the carriers are screwing up the Note 8 with their Firmware and Bloatware. I have been Lucky because I have the Unlocked Note 8 and don't have to deal with any T-Mobile Firmware or Bloatware on my phone. I installed the SIM card and it worked. Haven't had a single problem with the Note 8 since I got it October 3rd.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I was somewhat leaning in that direction as well

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue solved.
After a chat with samsung , they checked the info on my device and after putting it in safe mode, everything worked as normal.
They suggested it was a rouge app, and it indeed was.
I sent them the info as well as an email to the developer of the app

The app is called BatOn

Edit: it applied to the V30+ as well. It wasn't specific to the note Screenshot_2018-01-07-15-11-47.png