cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 8 camera keeps stopping message

So the other day my camera stopped working while taking pictures and wouldn't reopen. Now the camera still doesn't work and the flashlight doesn't either. When trying to open the camera it says it keeps stopping and the flashlight says it is being used by another app. I tried restarting the phone, clearing camera cache and data, clearing cache partition, starting in safe mode, and factory resetting. No luck. Does anyone have any ideas? You don't realize how much a camera is needed until you don't have one. PLEASE HELP!!

15 REPLIES 15
Cosmic Ray

Does any camera app work? You said you did a factory data...

Does any camera app work? You said you did a factory data reset right?

if you said no to the first question and yes to the second question my guess is it's a hardware issue not software. You'll have to have a warranty exchange or fix done, pay for a fix, or buy a new phone

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes I tried the safe mode as said above, no luck. I tried...

Yes I tried the safe mode as said above, no luck. I tried downloading another camera and though it actually comes up ready to take a pic, the cameras themself are not working so there is nothing on the screen. I was hoping it was maybe a software problem since the flashlight wasn't working either.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Yes I tried the safe mode as said above, no luck. I tried...

Have you updated the device recently?

Highlighted
Astronaut

SamsungLarry, it normally updates automatically. I checke...

SamsungLarry, it normally updates automatically. I checked for software updates and it says it is up to date.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SamsungLarry, it normally updates automatically. I checke...

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi

I have The same problem. I try everything - factory settings, updates and safe mode. Camera work with other apps but default app is keep crashing.

Highlighted
Supernova

@user81UwbMBWQy wrote:

Hi

I have The same problem. I try everything - factory settings, updates and safe mode. Camera work with other apps but default app is keep crashing.

@user81UwbMBWQy 

Tap and hold camera app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Tap Force stop, then go to storage and clear data

Highlighted
Constellation

I try it at beginning. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.