cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 8 consistently loses GPS lock while driving

This seemed to happen over the summer, it is now happening every time I use Google Maps, to the point that I can't use it anymore.   It loses lock in the middle of my trip, and I don't have any indication it has stopped unless I examine the nav program carefully.

I also find it dangerous to have to keep my eyes off the road fiddling/re-starting with my nav program to see if GPS would magically reconnect.

This appears to be a common problem with Note 8 phones, is Samsung going to acknowledge or comment about this??  (And upgrading my phone is not an acceptable solution given all the Covid uncertainty in the job market right now.)

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8 consistently loses GPS lock while driving

I've had the same issue with both google maps and waze. Did a factory reset and did away with most the apps, still same issue.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I also have the same issue. I don't know why that happens. i thought it was just me.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Its probably a disabling feature built into the phones to render them useless in time so one spends money on replacing it. I think its strange that everyone with a note 8 is experiencing the same issue around the same time. Scams

Highlighted
Astronaut

having same issue, gps status won't show any satellite locks
Highlighted
Constellation

same here
Highlighted
Asteroid

TOTALLY frustrating!  Has anyone found a solution?  This has gone on for months.  I found the best workaround is to turn "Location" off and on, using the top bar menu, even while running maps or waze.  Not exactly safe to do while driving.  Does Samsung have any intention on fixing this?  If not, I won't be replacing with another Samsung phone.  Pixel 4A is looking pretty good.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same issue, among many other issues after this recent update.