cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Note 8 dies after taking landscape photos

My Note 8 works fine most times.  However, occassionally, while taking landscape photos, the phone simply dies.  If I restart it,  most times continues to operate; occassionally, it will freeze again after the welcoming screen comes on.  I some ways, it appears that when the phone gets warm or the processor is pushed, the phone simply freezes.  I want to avoid resetting the phone, so any suggestions here would be welcome. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Note 8 dies after taking landscape photos

Hi @user4TH0U7Fsfk  , Sorry to hear that experience.

I would suggest  running the device on safe mode to determine if it is  a hardware or software  issue causing that.

to  enable safe mode follow steps below

1. Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears then release.
  2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
  3. To confirm, tap Safe mode. The process may take up to 45 seconds to complete. ...
  4. With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality.
On safe mode launch camera on landscape to test. if  the device is still shutting down by itself it is most  likely  a hardware issue.

I hope this solution will help  , Please let me know if you have  any  questions.