cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8 fast charge issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the same boat. Tmobile note 8. Reset, cleaning, safe mode dont fix. Thinking update must have messed something up. Did get moister warning a few weeks ago. No water near me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do you have fast wireless charging off and did you try a different fast charger?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I like the rep has nothing to say except  things that havent helped. We tried safe mode, we tried resetting the phone, we made sur tge setting are set, we tried cleaning, and we tried differnt plugs and wires.

The only thing thats exactly the same is we had a moister message come up and now we cant fast charge. Oh and this happened right after the last firmware upgrade.

FIX IT

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Larry,

I'm having the same problem - no fast charging for about three weeks now. Seems to have happened after the last monthly update. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I, too, would like to add that I had a moisture detected that surprised me as I didn't recall doing anything to get it wet and now my phone won't fast charge. Also, the moisture notification lasted far longer than I have ever seen it last, even after submerging the phone..I thought it was odd.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't recall getting a moisture notification but this issue popped up right after the latest firmware update. Using OEM wall charger & wireless charging pad but keep getting the double charge click sound and it won't fast charge.

Did the wipe, restarted it in safe mode, tried other wires, tried deselecting and deselecting fast charge option but no dice. I keep power saver on and have alot of the extra stuff turned off unless I need to use them (i.e. bluetooth, location, etc.) but even with selecting them, nothing.

I bought this phone a year and three days ago (yes, I keep track) I'm still paying it off, this shouldn't be an issue on a $900 phone at the one year mark. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@spatnum89 Thank you for the information. We would recommend a service repair. Would you please send me a private message with your full model number and IMEI for further details?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue and opened a dialog with samsung support. They sent me to a samsung repair center where I was told it was likely my charging cable. Bought a new one. Same problem. Tried all of the above remedies. Same problem. How is this being resolved?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the moist warning, I would recommend trying to blow in the charging port and gently shake the device. For the charging issue, I would recommend a service repair. Please send me a private message with your full model number, IMEI, and zip code so I can provide you with further troubleshooting steps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post