Astronaut

Re: Note 8 fast charge issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleaning the charger port fixed mine...

kaoliang58
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no way to solve this problem, right? I've tried everything and nothing seem to work.

userXI9HwMaQna
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello i am having the exactly same issue ...i tried everything...even safe mode and factory reset  but still the same ...am hopeless i dont know what to do ...please help me

Highlighted
userNo9IO95FX0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with my note 8, in fact if I use the OEM, or an aftermarket fast charger it says slow charging, my phone has somehow gone from fast charging to slow charging. On a regular USB it seems to charge normal. It would be really nice to have my fast charge back. 

I've tried a few of the "fixes" listed here and mo difference, I'm also thinking it must be one of the updates that messed with the fast charge. 

I'll try my Tab S3 as I think it also has stopped fast charging.

userJCR3s2aMgb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same with my note 8. i did hard reset already and yet its still not fast charging. plus, I cant charge when my phone is off.

guys pls let me know when uou found a solution. TIA

Its_Benny
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same or very similar problem. I don't have a wireless charger available to try. 

Safe mode didn't help. Wiped cache partition didn't help. Turning fast wired charging off and back on didn't help. Various other cables/chargers didn't help. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4I9UPhGrzO @ScarletImpala13 @ Its_Benny

I would then double check to see if your phone is set to fast charge. You can do that by going to Settings>General Maintenance>Battery, then going to the settings tab in the upper right hand corner. There should be a switch that you can use to turn fast charging on and off. Make sure it is on. If that doesn't work, I would back up the information on your phone and perform a factory data reset.

Finally if none of those are effective we can file a repair order on your behalf for the device.

usermqjXpklbDW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a sensor issue..so many blurbs about cables..chargers..moisture..and these aren't the problem..no , clearing chache doesn't solve and neither does a reset..This is firmware sensor issues brought on by updates.So Samsung get it solved!

userGieLUH8cUN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. 

userrO7B1ZgOZq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can no longer fast charge with the factory cord and charger, nor wirelessly.    Please help!