cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 fast charge issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As of today my fast charge is not working correctly. When I plug my phone into any fast charger I get a double charge sound. It will say charging, then disconnect and say charging again and then charge but no fast charge. I had a moisture error earlier and after drying out the port all was fine. I come home plug up my phone and I get the double charge thing with no way to fix it. 

edit 1: I will add this I only get the double charge sound if connected to a fast charger. Connected to a normal charger it just charges. 

edit 2: also just discovered I cannot fast wireless charge either. so no fast anything 

edit 3:when phone is off it says there is a moisture issue and will not charge, but phone will charge once it is on. again no fast charging of any kind.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 fast charge issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the moist warning, I would recommend trying to blow in the charging port and gently shake the device. For the charging issue, I would recommend a service repair. Please send me a private message with your full model number, IMEI, and zip code so I can provide you with further troubleshooting steps.

View solution in original post

77 REPLIES 77

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will add this I only get the double charge sound if connected to a fast charger. Connected to a normal charger it just charges. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also just discovered no fast wireless charging either. So I have no fast anything. 

user4I9UPhGrzO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also having this issue! Maybe software related

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there @ScarletImpala13 and @user4I9UPhGrzO

Thank you for reaching out and posting. I am sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this error.  I know waiting for the device to charge on conventional charging speeds can be a quick route to frustration. Could you try placing your phone in safe mode for me, just to rule out any possibility of an app conflict?

To do that, you can start with the phone turned off. Then press and hold down on the volume down button when you are powering up the phone. Keep the volume down button held down till you reach the home screen. If successful, it should read "Safe Mode" in one of the corners.

This temporarily deactivates any app that was not preinstalled on the phone, and is how we test to make sure errors aren't caused by apps. Test the charging while your phones are in this state, and let us know if there is any difference.

user4I9UPhGrzO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i ve tried that aswell, still not working. Usb OTG is also not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried safe mode as well and there is no difference still the double charge sound when using a fast charger. I've checked the port nothing there I don't know what else it could be. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrNyQyzJ0q7

Well, keeping the screen on does consume power of course. Let us know what you find!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have not done a wipe yet trying to make sure all my info is backed up first. But will try and see what happens

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ScarletImpala13

Well do keep us informed!