cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Note 8 fast charge issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ScarletImpala13

Hey, just thought I would check back with you. Were you able to schedule that repair?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry I did get it swapped out but now I have another issue I'll make a new thread on it

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issues, spoke to Samsung pro agent, t-mobile technician, all brings to no help. 

I take good care of my devices, I have plenty of Samsung devices and never had that issue. And looks like I am not the only one. 

What i found out that has something to do with software updated I receive. 

It's also very irritating when all technicians/reps try to convince and tell me that I did damage my phone and it's from either my end and charger problem. When clearly it happend after update...

But what do I know, they ALL know better... 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey plz help me i have a same problem what i do........plz

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When it comes to best practices for fast charging, we recommend: 

1. Using the original cable and charger that came with your device.

2. Making sure the charging brick says “Adaptive Fast Charging” on it before plugging your fast charging brick into the wall. 

If you’ve already tried these steps, and are looking for further troubleshooting you can reach out to one of our Samsung Care Authorized Service providers at link for further assistance or, visit the following links provided below. 

link

link

link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same probpem with my note 8. please let me know of anyone of you found a solutio. tia

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2nd phone in 5 months just went bad.
My first Note8 had severe charging port issues after only a couple months, port didn't burn up but the port was extremely erratic, unable to get it to charge unless you put the cord in and out continuosly and finally make a connection, then usually slow charge, took it back to Verizon and they checked it out and it also didn't charge for them in the store, had to spend $100 under warranty to get a new one.
That was only about 3 months ago, guess what, this new phone is now doing the exact same thing!!!! Unable to get it to charge unless I plus the cord in and out, isn't read at all by my Samsung Oculus Gear, another bad port. This can't be a coincidens, this has to be an issue with the phone. Looks like it needs a recall but after the burning battery fiasco on the last Note I don't think they will do it. Shameful. Going to have to shop another brand.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue..Note! device never got moist or wet

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and the otg isnt working either please help me 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGieLUH8cUN, mind shooting us a message http://bit.ly/2Kp1D5J with the model code and the IMEI to look into possible service options.

@userrO7B1ZgOZq, @user9B9ktMWRoJ

Try wiping the cache partition, test charging in safe mode, make sure apps and phone are up to date, and if possible test a new charger. If this all fails then service repairs would be recommended. You may also speak with your carrier regarding possible options they may have.