cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carmita69
Asteroid

Re: Note 8 fingerprint scanner not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To me the fingerprint works me well, what is not right is the iris scanner, delete it, because with the front display, the phone was unlocked and I do not feel safe. The fingerprint is fine to unlock and open applications 😄😄😄

userAXE3yuGqWQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my note 8 fingerprint problom

every time say error

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate you getting in touch, @userAXE3yuGqWQ, have you already tried all the troubleshooting steps above?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for any confusion, @userAXE3yuGqWQ, have you attempted to put your device in to safe mode as described above and then tested your fingerprint reader?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MToney922
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTrevor I am having a similar problem with my Note 8 from t-mobile.  I registered a finger print and it was working for like a day or two.  But not the fingerprint scanner is saying "the fingerprint sensor is not responding, try again later."  When I go to settings and security to try and delete the fingerprint that is programmed to unlock the phone it say " an error has occurred  with fingerprint sensor.  If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device."  I did that and the fingerprint sensor is not responding.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you mind trying to wipe your cache partition, @MToney922? Sometimes it becomes corrupt which can cause trouble. Simply power off your device, then power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys until it boots into the Recovery Menu. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key. This won’t delete any essential or saved data, just clear out the cached temporary files. Let me know how your device responds after performing this step!

MToney922
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTrevor I wiped the cache partition still having the same problem.  Should I do a factory reset, but I need to purchase the cloud data because I do not want to lose my info?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best way to make a complete backup of all the data on your device will be to use Samsung's Smart Switch app. This will make a complete backup of your device which you can restore from after performing Factory Data Reset this is without the need to purchase any additional online storage.

Highlighted
MToney922
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTrevor  the fingerprint scanner is working fine now. I didn't have to back up the data.  Once I downloaded smart switch to my MacBook Pro, smart switch had an update for Note 8.  Once I downloaded the update for the Note 8 from smart switch and my phone restarted my fingerprint scanner started working.  But I deleted the fingerprint I had registered and added 2 new prints just to be safe.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION