cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSIwsYBPxWZ
Constellation

Re: Note 8 fingerprint scanner not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey,

Thank you for answer. No, it does not help, I tried that, only reset to fabrication settings helps ( I can use device), but still when I go to settings and I what to do anything connected fingerprint sensor, phone has to be reset to fabrication settings ( full wipe).
userGwZrXIRElr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same fingerprint sensor issues with my Note 8 as others in this thread, probably brought on by one of the updates over the last couple of months.  None of the troubleshooting suggestions have worked.

I do not understand why, after nearly half a year, the Samsung moderator has not been able to offer an effective solution to this problem!!!  My next phone will once again be an iPhone!

Sunny1011
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am the one who originally posted this thread.

And no it doesn't work what ever you do. But best you can do is register multiple copy of your finger that you are going to use most often to increase your accuracy. That's what I am doing

joemonkey
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought i was the only one having the FP issues. not only registering the finger proves to be a real pain (it takes forever to get 100% and often times it keeps telling me my finger is not covering the sensor...what gives).

after a long time to finally registered my finger. unlocking works for a while, then it take 20-30 times, if that, to unlock google pay, bank apps or any apps that use FP feature.

then i created THREE fingers using the SAME finger as suggested by other users to improve the chances...still it does not work.

i feel the moderator or samsung support keeps telling us to (1) do the soft reset, (2) swipe the cache, or (3) do a hard reset. they are just reading the same script over and over again.

if this issue is hardware related, then there must be a lot of bad note 8 in the market.

i have the note8 since nov and i pretty much just give up using the FP. shame on samsung to push for this feature for they flagship phone but did not spend enough time to QA this to death, yet it is not reliable to many of us. to be honest, the fact that they placed the sensor at the back was a huge mistake to begin first. it's totally arkward. 

could it be another slap to samsung very much like the fire issue with the S7, note7 models????

userFMY1vFwZFL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem.  I tried the cache reset which did nothing.  I've added multiple fingerprints for the same finger which works for a while but then just stops.  I was able to delete the fingerprints and re-add them which worked for a while but has now stopped again.  Now, I can't even add a new fingerprint.  I get to about 55% and then it just stops.  The fact that it works for a while seems like something they should be able to fix.  Is anyone out there Samsung??????

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, thanks so much for reaching out, @userFMY1vFwZFL. Would you mind trying to put your phone into safe mode and modifying your fingerprints to see if this helps?

1. Power your device down
2. Then power it back on
3. Pressing and holding the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking to see if you still need any assistance.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJjs40nlr2p
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

fp stopped working

this is my seconed time that i deep format my device.

after formating ,finger print workes for about 20 minutes than stops responding.

tried everything on the internet that i could find.

if i restart device the finger print working for a few minutes.

nothing helps.

i didn't install no app so there will be no problems from app.

this is really annoying, i need solution.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried booting your phone into safe mode to see if the problem still occurs?

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.           

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the device is working properly while in Safe Mode then, a 3rd party application is causing the issue. I would recommend removing all 3rd party applications one at a time.