cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6Kh2ACdtmG
Constellation

Re: Note 8 fingerprint scanner not working.

I'm having the same issues of "not responding" since the last Amdroid update. So frustrating since I have biometrics setup.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried removing your fingerprints and re-adding them since the update?

user9azb2i2r8P
Constellation

Up until recently the fingerprint scanner has been working fine. A few days ago I began to have issues with the fingerprint scanner. It would not allow me to unlock the device but the scanner worked for other apps that I use the scanner with. I deleted the finger prints that were registered and re-registered them. This seemed to fix the problem. However, last night I tried unlocking my phone and it kept telling me to make sure that my finger covered the scanner, which I did several times. After unlocking the device using my password I deleted the registered fingerprints and attempted to re-register them. But when I did I kept getting the same message, make sure the finger covers the scanner. I have tried the soft reset as described several times with no improvement. This is very frustrating.

I am having the same problem. it seems to have started after the last update.
userG9KSqjlpaM
Astronaut

So what you're saying is that every two days we have to preform a soft reset in order for the finger print to work?
Supernova

@userG9KSqjlpaM, I would suggest attempting to wipe your device's cache by doing the following:

1. Power off your device
2. power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
3. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxOx0CwBTCk
Constellation

I am having a similar issue. I cannot even reprogram my finger because no matter the position my finger is placed , it says "make sure your entire finger is placed on the sensor" 

usersKzhOdHFPe
Constellation

I have the same problem. Nothing above helped, Safe mode, resetting the device, adding the same finger as other etc. 

I didn't use this feature since last winter because it's in an inconvenient place but now I need it for banking services. 

With all due respect, will you release a fix?

userhq13QDmuc7
Constellation

Same problem here. There is no way to use the fingerprint scanner to control access to this device. I doubt Samsung will fix it unless a significant number of Note 9 users report the same failure.

usersKzhOdHFPe
Constellation

The problem is that this bug came out after few months. I have n8 since last September and it worked well for 3 or 4 months I had this active. Note 9 will probably have other software.