cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGUkTW4Z989
Constellation

Re: Note 8 fingerprint scanner not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my fingerprint scanner is still not working that well, does your actual fingerprint matter? cause my fingers have lots of vertical lines/creases, I got a new note 8 as well and even the new phone isn't registering my fingerprint without the make sure you cover the scanner message

userG9KSqjlpaM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is exactly what mine is doing. So frustrating!!! the iPhone never has this problem! the note 4 did this too!
userb457InsnxM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have similar issue with the fingerprint scanner. I could not make it work properly since when I purchased the phone in early November. I cannot use Samsung Pay or any other application that uses fingerprints.  This is annoying.  Is there a efinitive solution for this?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you already attempted the steps above to clear your device's cache, @userb457InsnxM?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userg2F46jgCRD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem a clearing device's cache didnt help

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userg2F46jgCRD, would you mind providing me with the following information?

• Model Number
  • Baseband Version
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Jafri100
Pilot

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i am having the same issue. Tried soft reset, safe mode, & cache wipe but no success. i can't register off login with scanner. it keeps saying to cover your finger completely on the sensor ....
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for clarifying that for me, @Jafri100, has your device experienced any physical or liquid damage?

LeithS1030
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model SMN950u, AT&T, N950USQS5CRG9 

I have been dealing with my finger sensor camera, and boot failure since purchased in June. I have had to pay twice for the cheap glass on the camera that crack without impact or damage in any way happened 2 days apart with in my first week owning it. I was told it was my fault by Samsung Techs and told I was responsible for both which was 185 each time. The repairs were done at a Samsung Experience center and when I read all the other people who had the exact problem with no help from Samsung I asked why is a 1000 phone e falling apart in a week. The techs said it was common and happening a lot cause that was the main repair they were doing, yet I was blamed for it and charged twice. I was suggested to purchase a camera screen protect since it happens so often as I was told by the agent. 

Then my finger scanner started to have issues it worked here and there. I have done all troubleshooting cache, factory reset, case off, safe mode, cleaning, and taken to tech that wants to charge me another 250, amount for a repair on a 1000 dollar phone within a month of owning it. Also if they needed more time or parts I would be charged that too.

Now with the fingerprint senor issues, the in call volume now is so low I can not hear anything without it being on speaker. I again have done all suggestions I find on this board yet still the issues remain. I took it again to the Samsung techs and told the repair would be over 200. I have insurance on the phone but that doesn't cover my repairs? I use my phone for my business so being without it for hours or days does me no good. Where the way it works does me no good. Every issue has been on going. I have been to the Samsung experience so much they have better face recognition than my phone. The bootlader system even has issues leading and gives me errors when using the volume up, Bixby, and power to clear cache or factory reset.

Again I am looking to be charged to fix a phone that isn't even a year old. Yet to replace this one I will be charged 350 for a deductible and what get another damaged phone that I will have to put all the liquid protectors on and camera protectors which will be another 230 to purchase.

This phone is not a kids phone. I am 40 years old and value my money as I am sure all the other customers on here with these issues. It is kept in an otter box case has the liquid screen protector on front and back. So the blame game on the customers is very unfair. I know I have been loyal to Samsung because they made quality products and seemed to care about their customers unlike Apple. But Now Samsung seems no better than the company they claimed they will never be. 

So how do we stay loyal to a brand that has abandoned us. I am ready to save my money and go Blu or another brand that make quality product and take responsibility for their failures. I have gotten my kids BLUs and ZTE they dont have the bells and whistles but between the 4 phones in my house. Mine is the only one with issues and the cost of the other three still does not cost the amount I paid for my one phone. I actually could buy all their phones, cases, and protectors and still have 150 left over. But mine is the only one with issues and has been babied the most because it is my paycheck without my phone I can not run my business. Kids drop,lose, drop in water, and whatever else to phones and they have not had one issue even after a sink dive. But mine has the most expensive case, protectors, and required repair payments, why?

This is the reason I left Apple. The new phone release every few months will making your new 4 month old phone worthless to sell because market is over saturated and new models drop your phone value so much. Also pushing out these new phones before you repair and make the phones prior work properly. So instead of making a quality product your making mediocre products, so that when it has issues instead of fixing you just release a new phone and say upgrade. That is Apple's business strategy and now Samsung is acting no different, very disappointing.

I have an unusable paperweight. How in the world do I fix it? Cause I am not paying out anymore money on a phone I have now put 1800+  with front and back screen protectors, 2 camera glass replacements, finger sensor diagnostics, camera screen protector, otter box, and boot system. 

I hate to say this because my house is nothing but Samsung products from my TVs, bluray players, tablets, laptops, sd cards, USB drives, heck I believed in Samsung and now the company that worked so hard to be taken seriously again has lost the integrity that it was remodeled around. Please offer me assistance without more money, disappointment, and rebuild my faith in a brand I use to boast about. 

usergmFYp9u4uu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are right. I switched to Samsung from a chinese brand Redmi Note which was an excellent phone with great battery life and fingerprint worked every time. Only reason I got Note 8 was to use with Verizon. Have had other off brand phones that worked great for less than half the price. Very disappointing.