cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8 freezes since oreo update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue when the screen rotate. Half the screen goes black and locks up. Can't do anything while it's like that.

I have to press the up vol and the power button to reboot it. 

Hope they fix this! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, for this issue we recommend updating your apps in the Samsung Galaxy Store and the Google Play Store.

Open Galaxy app → Go to → Navigate to Update, then touch the Update icon next to Customization Service  → The updated version should be greater than 1.6.04.0.

Let us know if this helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungMae recommended:

"Open Galaxy app → Go to → Navigate to Update, then touch the Update icon next to Customization Service  → The updated version should be greater than 1.6.04.0"

Can you be specific about where exactly to go to start the update process, which apps this should be done with (only pre-loaded Samsung apps or all pre-loaded apps or something else?) and would you also please explain which apps would have that version?

Thank you

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking back to see if the troubleshooting provided was helpful. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm another user who is having this issue since the push of Oreo months ago. Factory reset didn't work, cache partition wipe didn't work. It freezes on screen rotation, oftentimes not ever unfreezing and just restarting. Basically it's rendered my camera unusable. For a 1000$ device, this impaired functionality is just unacceptable. Before the Oreo update, I couldn't have been happier with it. I really don't have the appetite, nor should I, to spend hours/days uninstalling every single app on my phone and checking how it impacts this issue. That's a lot of freezing and restarting. But I've grown tired of leaving my phone in portrait mode to make it usable. This is supposed to be a high end phone. I should not have to do that. I've been a loyal user for awhile, but my patience is waning. Any new advice here? From reading other threads, I'm far from the only one with this problem and it's been going on for a long time. Someone at Samsung must have a solution here...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having a similar problem with my new Galaxy s9. Could they be related, does anyone know? I have not updated the phone in anyway, have only a few outside apps and they're well-established and well-known, keep the system as clean as possible, am frustrated having spent a boatload of money.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Buellbrother1

And that is after having performed the wipe of the cache partition? If that is the case you may want to back up the information on your phone, and perform a factory data reset to see if that gives you greater success.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PUT IT BACK! Why did the last "update" (downgrade) remove the option to have individual text notification sounds by contact? It also erased my personal text dictionary and now won't swype or save words that I guess Samsung and its developer think are vulgar. Why am I paying you all this money for a phone that is going backwards in technology and that can't be tailored to my liking?!? I've had notes since the note 2 and numerous other Samsung phones/products. This last update has me ready to walk on Samsung all together Yes it's that serious. Fix it! Worst update ever. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help it seems to have worked. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help it seems to have worked.