Original topic:

Note 8 - gif animations sent via text are sped up to hyperspeed

(Topic created on: 1/13/18 8:06 PM)
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note8

Hey everyone.

So I came from a Note 5 and I used the default "messages" app and when I found find a funny GIF I would send a friend a text by loading up the pictures icon and finding The gif and hitting send. The animations would send and would be received in normal time.

Since I've had the Note 8, as soon as I attach any size gif or even make my own GIF using handwriting (live message), it speeds up the animation to hyperspeed and myself and the recipient can barely tell what's going on as it's sped up so fast?

Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
107 Replies
Options
Note8
same here. fix this.
0 Likes
userafCg4Hun3m
Astronaut
Options
Note8
Same here as well. Sending gifs through giphy, either by downloading first, or sending straight from the app, same results.
0 Likes
JDDaWildman
Constellation
Options
Note8
It seems we are all having this issue. It's also been months now without a solution. Any more information on this or how we can fix it without having to switch to another messaging app? Model, Baseband, and general phone info attached as a screenshot.

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

0 Likes
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note8

Yeh this is getting old.  Samsung please fix this..  what's the point of live message functions when we can't even use it via text?

0 Likes
Masterchorizo
Constellation
Options
Note8

@JDDaWildman wrote:
It seems we are all having this issue. It's also been months now without a solution. Any more information on this or how we can fix it without having to switch to another messaging app? Model, Baseband, and general phone info attached as a screenshot.

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

How'd you do that to your settings background?

0 Likes
userjqgUq0B8xb
Constellation
Options
Note8

It's the native messenger app.  Replaced with third party app (Textra) and it played at normal speed.  (I'll bet other apps work fine as well).

0 Likes
usereyRqjyzFGO
Constellation
Options
Note8

I am using the Samsung Galaxy S8 but have been having the same problem. I seen a bunch of responses saying to use a third party app like Textra. I decided to give the Android Messages app a try. I have been able to send good quality Gifs at normal speed.

0 Likes
userWqFMp5tnbH
Constellation
Options
Note8

i have the S8+, just got the new Oreo android 8.0 update, and i saw the new gif options in the default message app v4.4.00.54

i tried to send it. and it worked fine in selection menu, but after i send a gif, it is atleast 10 times faster making the GIF option completly usless! since you cant see what they mean.

upgrade info Version: G955FXXUICRB7/G955FOXM1CRAP/G955FXXU1CRAP

Screenshot_20180228-163345_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Note8

@userWqFMp5tnbH

This Community works largely with US based devices so it's hard for us to speak on exactly what may or may not be happening to your specific device. You are welcome to see if the Community can assist, but as many may not have the same device as you it might also be worth reaching out to your region specifically for more in depth assistance!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usernqGBhZFHlJ
Constellation
Options
Note8

Try using the SwiftKey keyboard from the app store cause I have Verizon and all of my gifts work fine, and the have sine day one of me having the phone https://media.giphy.com/media/KiaU2EUyxjQB2/giphy.gif 

0 Likes