Original topic:

Note 8 - gif animations sent via text are sped up to hyperspeed

(Topic created on: 1/13/18 8:07 PM)
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note8

Hey everyone.

So I came from a Note 5 and I used the default "messages" app and when I found find a funny GIF I would send a friend a text by loading up the pictures icon and finding The gif and hitting send. The animations would send and would be received in normal time.

Since I've had the Note 8, as soon as I attach any size gif or even make my own GIF using handwriting (live message), it speeds up the animation to hyperspeed and myself and the recipient can barely tell what's going on as it's sped up so fast?

Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
107 Replies
Esxo
Constellation
Options
Note8
how is there an "Accepted Solution"? . . There are a lot of GIF threads made. Hopefully Samsung sees this and updates it when Oreo rolls out. Doubt anything will get done before.
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note8

Any updates on this??

0 Likes
userjqgUq0B8xb
Constellation
Options
Note8

This is NOT an accepted solution. 

0 Likes
useryMXe3hkYAs
Astronaut
Options
Note8

Terrible horrible service here. You SUCK moderator! What's the damm solution?

0 Likes
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note8

Looks it was my fault saying the solution was "solved" after Samsung acknowledged my issue.  Although this has yet to fixed.    I wonder if they brushed it under the rug 

Samsung are you guys working on this?  Can we get an update? 

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Note8

Hey folks.

Last I heard the technicians were still working on this. I haven't gotten any updates recently either. No worries though! I'll reach back out and remind them about this just in case they thought we forgot.  ;)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usercGiihj2ZZg
Constellation
Options
Note8

Here we are halfway into a whole new year and this is STILL a problem! Is there ever going to be a fix?

0 Likes
userxQ0RseFAAi
Astronaut
Options
Note8

Nope. 2019 now and still having the same issue.

0 Likes
userZULALwUduB
Constellation
Options
Note8

Yup. Same here. I have isolated the issue to being a size issue because if I compress the gif using an editor or shrink the resolution it works fine but looks terrible. Idk what changed because years ago it worked fine.

0 Likes
usercGiihj2ZZg
Constellation
Options
Note8

It is May of 2018!!! How is this still not fixed?!!! Did you forget to"add it to the report"???

0 Likes