cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8 - gif animations sent via text are sped up to hyperspeed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. I bought an expensive phone to have cause problems....not cool!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S8, I've used it for months and actually dont have problems with the Giphy feature in text messages. Its when I send gifs I make myself that they are sped up. I thought maybe on my end but no for the recipient also. I even tried slowing the gif down before sending it and it is still super fast when sent. Is this something that is actually going to be looked into or do we have to install another app? Seems kind of silly to add a feature that can't be used and instead have to turn to a third party app. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm experiencing the same problem and I have a S8. Did they resolve this issue??

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anybody changed animator duration scale in the developer options? change that to 1x and see if that fixes.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Too minor to make a difference. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Too minor to make a difference. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Animations are still way too fast on my S8+ with Oreo. GIFs created with Samsung Video Player are unwatchable.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

People keep saying Textra is a fix (and maybe it is for them) but I've tried Textra and several other message apps and it still a problem.  I've called Tmobile and they say it's a Samsung issue (which seems pretty clear).  

Some say it's a minor issue but when I'm spending close to $1,000 for a phone  which by the way was almost as much as my 65" samsung curved 4k tv, i kind of expect it to work.  Especially since the Live Message thing was part of the big selling points of the Note 8

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservyQIYVv42o wrote:

People keep saying Textra is a fix (and maybe it is for them) but I've tried Textra and several other message apps and it still a problem.  I've called Tmobile and they say it's a Samsung issue (which seems pretty clear).  

Some say it's a minor issue but when I'm spending close to $1,000 for a phone  which by the way was almost as much as my 65" samsung curved 4k tv, i kind of expect it to work.  Especially since the Live Message thing was part of the big selling points of the Note 8

sounds about right

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with my S8+ with At&t. It used to work fine... now, nothing. Kinda tempted to throw this phone smh 

Will there be a solution for this or nawwwwww?