Original topic:

Note 8 - gif animations sent via text are sped up to hyperspeed

(Topic created on: 8/18/18 4:36 PM)
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note8

Hey everyone.

So I came from a Note 5 and I used the default "messages" app and when I found find a funny GIF I would send a friend a text by loading up the pictures icon and finding The gif and hitting send. The animations would send and would be received in normal time.

Since I've had the Note 8, as soon as I attach any size gif or even make my own GIF using handwriting (live message), it speeds up the animation to hyperspeed and myself and the recipient can barely tell what's going on as it's sped up so fast?

Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
107 Replies
userLMl8W0u92o
Constellation
Options
Note8
No, where can I find that?
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note8

@userLMl8W0u92o; It was earlier in the thread but I am glad to re-post it for you. Just give this a try. Let us know if this works for you. 

• Settings
  • Apps
  • 3 Vertical Dots
  • Show System Apps
  • Clear Cache
  • Clear Data

Be sure to click " Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note8

@userLMl8W0u92oHey, just checking back to see if you have had a chance to try the troubleshooting provided?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKFl1ia5VTa
Constellation
Options
Note8

Didn't see any delete cache or data on mine

@SamsungAdam wrote:

@userLMl8W0u92oHey, just checking back to see if you have had a chance to try the troubleshooting provided?

0 Likes
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note8

Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache should be available. 

0 Likes
uservRJwt2c7BN
Asteroid
Options
Note8

I believe this is an issue with the stock android messaging app and it being old technology (software). Apple's live messenger is what google will be changing to. Google will replace their Messenger with Chat and should resolve more issues than this. But I have no idea on any timely updates for the newer Chat app that will replace Messanger.  

0 Likes
uservRJwt2c7BN
Asteroid
Options
Note8

I believe this is an issue with the stock android messaging app and it being old technology (software). Apple's live messenger is what google will be changing to. Google will replace their Messenger with Chat and should resolve more issues than this. But I have no idea on any timely updates for the newer Chat app that will replace Messanger.  

0 Likes
uservRJwt2c7BN
Asteroid
Options
Note8
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/4/19/17252486/google-android-messages-chat-rcs-anil-sabharwal-imessage-texting
0 Likes
userxks8FFJI0a
Constellation
Options
Note8

Doesn't work. 

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Note8

Thanks for that information! I'll be sure to add it all to a report and send that up to be looked into and hopefully fixed up.  ^_^

0 Likes