cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8 - gif animations sent via text are sped up to hyperspeed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine don't work right either. I've had the issue since I got the phone in December 2017, lost it in February and replacement phone still has the same issue. I hadn't thought to ask friends if theirs was sped up too, just assumed it had to do with my phone. Now im incredibly embarrassed that I've been thinking I'm being snarky with my gifs and just lookin foolish. This is a totally ridiculous issue for a $900 phone

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up downloading "Textra" and tried it for the trail period before ads popped up.  I liked it so much I paid for the app and it's totally worth it.  Luckily no more "sped up Gifs" and I'm more than happy with my Note 8 now. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok from what I've noticed it's not necessarily the native messenger app. Previous Samsung phones wouldn't send multiple pictures and any videos/gifs are "resized" I'm assuming for faster delivery. The resizing degrades videos and speeds up gifs. Apple has been ahead of this game for years. Better quality videos being allowed to be sent without the dumb "your video is too large, it needs to be resized" message. I saw someone else mention the app Textra. I'm just now using it and I have no issues with gifs or videos resizing so they look like horrible when sent. It's a temporary fix but is a good one. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

still no fix for this problem?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this problem since first week with Note 8 and I still have this problem now! Like really @samsung ? I've had plenty of updates since then how is it still broken. Even gifs i make with my Spen are sped up and broken when using messages 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S8 active - tmobile. Same issue. If I resize the gif to a smaller size, it will send/receive fine. If the gif is larger, it will compress and cause a sped up gif that is also lower quality. Stop messing with my gifs! I checked options for sizes for images and multimedia messages and there's no option for this. Jejdifjfofkajsucjtneksmd!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZULALwUduB Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @SamsungMichelle?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have, thank you. Unfortunately it did not help.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and force stopping the message application?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried the same thing. It did not work, unfortunately. Are there any other ideas?