JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8 in call volume low

(Topic created: 09-10-2018 07:39 AM)
usera3kLtCJUoT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Tried clearing cache Tried factory reboot Re installed SIM card Restarted in safe mode Still no change and extremely low call volume
155 Replies
userOeKCkkUMIF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, same problem here. What's your solution? 

0 Likes
Rico ANDROID
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungViv wrote:

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  🙂

Hi Samsung, any follow up to why this is happening and what is the resolution  🙂

0 Likes
userNJMwDCsqn0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having the same issue.  My phone is not even a year old.. and they want to replace it with a refurb!! If i do this.. then i loose any warranty on the refurbished phone! Not right!Smiley Mad

@Rico ANDROID wrote:

@SamsungViv wrote:

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  🙂

Hi Samsung, any follow up to why this is happening and what is the resolution  🙂

0 Likes
userBH3aShsjmS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I found a thread that said to flick a clean, dry toothbrush over the ear volume speaker a few times to clear buildup. Worked like a charm!!!
userdSA3QGd2Q3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Had the same problem...the solution was quite simple for me (ymmv). Gently clean each speaker with dry paper towel repeatedly, then reset phone. Volume is acceptably loud. Why they don't have an adjustment for really loud escapes me.

userXxEq9IR1bA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It works now!

Took to a repair shop that Samsung recommended. They took out a toothbrush and put some alcohol on it and cleaned the area over speaker. Now it works.

I tried clearing the data cache, using the sticky goop over the speaker, blowing compressed air on it, vaccuming it, ..... nothing worked. Glad the toothbrush and alcohol worked!!!

userJoDGYa4IDu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks sharing the solution. I was facing the same issue, I just took a toothbrush as you mentioned and rubbed it with some spirit on it. Its louder than beforeRobot Happy

userpwQzvsToyh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks... this worked like magic. My phone is back loud after using the brush and alchohol. Loud and clear

userij0e8XZiWA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Didn't work for me. Can barely hear anything when calling with my galaxynote 8, have to use loudspeaker. It's a shame for such an expensive phone, just 3 years old !!!

mcbob6767
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

we have two note 8 in our home and the wife's phone was really low volume...after cleaning out the protective screens it helped but what really made the fix was utilizing a sonic toothbrush to help loosen up the buildup of wax..makeup and etc...it worked and my wife is happy...RT