cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

Note 8 light bleed cosmetic defect annoying.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just Google note 8 light bleed and you will see pics lol looked at over 25 note 8s and all display units are fine no edge light reflection or bleeding only on consumer units not cool. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 8 light bleed cosmetic defect annoying.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take it back and get a replacement before you accept it boot it up the boot screen has a full white background boot new one up check for light leaks don't even have to activate the phone that's how ya find a good one kind of sad but worth it.

23 REPLIES 23
userCkB8EDIBAj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, is this manufacturing defect or just a silly thing??

Dose this make in not dust and water resistant??

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know what you're trying to say.

Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look at the pic look where the light escapes where the glass meets the metal body frame not cool only on consumer units not store display units. 

Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From my understanding, this issue has been going on way before the Note 8. Any of the curved glass phones from Samsung had this issue (the Note Edge, S7 edge for example).  And some store displays do have this issue. It's much harder to see on a store model because you're staring at it under bright light and the screen is usually not on at full brightness.

Only way to see and detect it really is have it on full brightness with a completely white background on the screen, cover the screen completely and be in a dark room. If there is a small gap in the bezel, light will emit out from the curved glass. I have it on mine, but really doesn't bother me as I have it in a case. I also don't blast my brightness all the way either.

userldbO3MaZfz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought it I have backlight bleed on the top of front camera and it annoys me so bad. It reminds me of staingate problem with Apple who eventually gave free replacement. I wonder if Samsung will do the same.

userldbO3MaZfz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got a replacement note 8 and it has backlight bleed on top and sides again. I'm disappointed because guys over Samsung acted like there is nothing wrong and wouldn't replace it. 

userqFjBgjqnjK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine will show light even though it is never above half brightness, and it shows in a well lit room when I am watching videos or anything that uses lighter colors.
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take it back and get a replacement before you accept it boot it up the boot screen has a full white background boot new one up check for light leaks don't even have to activate the phone that's how ya find a good one kind of sad but worth it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Except in different enviroments you will at some point see the same..see my topic on light bleed solved possibly. It makes sense considering the devices I have used in the last couple years. Think about it. If it was a bleed, and the unot had any open access on frame to glass..there is no way at least how I water/pressure tested it that it would not be known. Explains in the past how I had no issue as well. I kayak fish alot in salt water and cleaning and rinsing alot..lol😀