cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note 8 light bleed cosmetic defect annoying.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here..I don't use it, just wanted to test it. Yet, it passes multiple water/pressure test done 2 days in a row..on day 3 now after doing the back to back days test. No issues🤔
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The issue will not affect waterproofing it is only due to the black tape layer being misaligned under the glass and production variences being slack. It is a cosmetic defect.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I don't think so...
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have investigated this issue with over 50 note 8s at different carriers and stores verzion Best buy at@t Sprint TMobile coorporate and authorised resellers and uscellular I work there and see note 8s all day a few devices might have delamination issue causing the waterproofing to be affected maybe 0.07 percent of devices. The main issue with the light bleed , refraction or whatever you want to call it  is with the black coating under the glass border not Completely meeting the frame and yes temp can affect this but not much my note 8 is perfect but the first 3 I had to return and Samsung admitted that this is a issue that they are supposed to be addressing which I think they are cause newer units produced seem to have no light issues.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Oh..so Samsung said it knows of the issue and is fixing..ok😂 Investigated 50 by looking at them in the store..ok best of luck my friend.
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ya I was mad as hell when I got mine made me go on a mission a not really worth it mission but the best part out of all this investigating phones is all the in store demo units showed no issues go figure lol just the consumer units.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Kind of like the demo units set up in lets say, altered mode for use and face recognition. Again I have tested with a bought unit that has the so called light bleed. Edge series and up..sorry, see no defect..illusion maybe, but no defect.
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just glad my 4th note 8 is perfect no illusion issues we will now call it lol.  The phone is beautiful and a joy to use. Would not go through 3 returns if not a dedicated Samsung fan.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hum..doesn' realy make sense..but ok. I'll let you think about that cosmetic defect a bit.
uservVYh1PK2EY
Astronaut

Note 8 light bleed cosmetic defect annoying.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I also have this issue affecting 3 replacement devices so far. I can fit the edge of a piece of paper between where the screen meets the body. Water can also get inbetween there. I am never purchasing or, supporting Samsung again!