cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 light bleed cosmetic defect annoying.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think the issue may be that the black tape on the edges of the screen is coming off. Mine was perfectly fine until I bought an S view case and put my phone in it. I noticed the "light bleed" effect along top left of the screen maybe 1 hour after I put it into the case. Its there when I take my phone back out of it now as well, when I have been using my Note without a case for 3 weeks and it never did this. I'm pretty upset about it tbh, it almost looks like the magnet in the case did something because its only visible near the same spot where the magnet is located.
user88r8lwXnLd
Astronaut

Re: Note 8 light bleed cosmetic defect annoying.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup. I just went through 4 note 8's and my friend has one as well, they all have light bleed where the infinity display meets the metal body.  Each has varying degrees of bleed. Some are blotchy and some aren't. After going through 3 of them, I just gave up and settled on the one I currently have. I didn't want to go to the T-mobile store again and go through the process just to be let down again and agin.  My soul can only take so much. I'm tired. I'm frustrated. But most of all, I am disappointed in Samsung.  You are charing $1000 for this device, please put care in manufacturing it. And please own up to your mistakes. I have talked on the phone and did live chat with Samsung reps and none have owned up to the mistake. All they said was take it back to the store you bought it from and return it and ended the conversation. The attitude I from the reps where "well, thats too bad, it's not our problem if you didn't buy it from us, take it back to the store you bought it from and let them take care of it". When I mentioned that it was the 2nd device with the same defect on the same day, I was given the response that they haven't received any phone complaints of this nature. I went on the inform the individual that I am not the outlier. There are others with the same issue that I found from this very forum on the Samsung website. The website of the company which manufactures the device and employs you. I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but I am a recent Apple iPhone convert of 9 years. You can say what you will about Apple, but generally, they have a pretty good customer care department. With Samsung, I felt like a ball, constantly being kicked to another person or department (or in my case, company). 

I'm either the world's unluckiest person, or there is a real problem with the note 8 and light leakage. Samsung, do the right thing!

usera8RX2ed4Z3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user88r8lwXnLd wrote:

Yup. I just went through 4 note 8's and my friend has one as well, they all have light bleed where the infinity display meets the metal body.  Each has varying degrees of bleed. Some are blotchy and some aren't. After going through 3 of them, I just gave up and settled on the one I currently have. I didn't want to go to the T-mobile store again and go through the process just to be let down again and agin.  My soul can only take so much. I'm tired. I'm frustrated. But most of all, I am disappointed in Samsung.  You are charing $1000 for this device, please put care in manufacturing it. And please own up to your mistakes. I have talked on the phone and did live chat with Samsung reps and none have owned up to the mistake. All they said was take it back to the store you bought it from and return it and ended the conversation. The attitude I from the reps where "well, thats too bad, it's not our problem if you didn't buy it from us, take it back to the store you bought it from and let them take care of it". When I mentioned that it was the 2nd device with the same defect on the same day, I was given the response that they haven't received any phone complaints of this nature. I went on the inform the individual that I am not the outlier. There are others with the same issue that I found from this very forum on the Samsung website. The website of the company which manufactures the device and employs you. I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but I am a recent Apple iPhone convert of 9 years. You can say what you will about Apple, but generally, they have a pretty good customer care department. With Samsung, I felt like a ball, constantly being kicked to another person or department (or in my case, company). 

I'm either the world's unluckiest person, or there is a real problem with the note 8 and light leakage. Samsung, do the right thing!

You are not alone. I am on my 5th note 8, and all of them had the issue as well as my current one. I contancted samsung and told them I could not exchange the device any more as I had exchanged the maximum number of times at best buy. They told me I could send the device in for warranty service, so it seems they acknowledge this as an issue, and are aware of it. I have never had such a terrible experience with any product, I kind of regret leaving Apple now...  I dont know what to do with this phone, I am still within best buy's return period, so I may return it. This is just sad, never had anything like this happen with Apple products. 

YoshiiR1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's the thing bought mine from samsung online, no difference, 3 phones in, there still saying its' reflection, buying a 4th phone, at my limit with td bank because samsung hasnt refunded first three yet, I don't have my note 5, nor have they sent me my coupon for 425. I have been waiting since Sep 29 for a working note 8, also coupon code because they told me not to send in my note 5 trade in, I call one to 3 times a week and samsung still tells me wait 5 more business days every **bleep** time, Finnally was able to send back my first note 8 right before Christmas, they made me buy two more, and told me this past week that there sorry but can not honor 425 coupon because I never sent in note 5 for note 7 trade in promotion. Even after I have ticket numbers just under 80, with supervisors stating to me to not send in note 5 as it will create problems for buying note 8, that I should wait for coupon first then buy note 8. Bs, I've been a long time samsung customer since old flip phones to every galaxy ever made, the best were the ones with humming bird or exynos. Snap dragon is a load of garbage and samsung needs a dedicated quality control team that knows what there talking about when you phone in to support. I'm not racist but I do hate getting a non American or non Canadian that's reading from a script. Those ppl come on and talk to you and anything that isn' part of that script is taken as response, "I hear you sr., your right Sr. Let me put this into your notes and you will get everything you asked for Sr. ( meanwhile nothing is in notes, nothing was handled, and supposedly you had to feed them the answers because they don' know a thing and will mislead you into thinking things are being handled or that you will get something when ur not so now if you have a do date, you will be screwd. Samsung support use to be great, samsung use to be great, however paying a premium price and being with samsung this long its sad to think of going to another brand but after note 7, now note 8, plus they have all my phones with no reimbursement I'm sad to say but now im seeking legal, because this is a outrage, I'm not in it for the money but in it for samsung to take a hard look be responsible, make there company great again, and get on a finall quality control check after building said device, train there staff thoroughly and make sure they know there devices and have a department that acknowledges multiple issues for a account that way the words 5 business day wait to see what to do dont happen. A response from a supervisor should be that, that once you reach that many issies the person you should be transferred to should know with in 24hrs whats really going on with your account and be able to help and get things done. I should have to guess the answers nor be told wrong infermation and if i am told bad infermation than i should be given what was told by a accounbt exec.in the end I'm only asking for what is fair because if I worked for samsung in support I'd want to make sure I have the best for my customers. I think that is fair.