cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxAMillion
Constellation

Note 8 no longer turning on or charging - Seems to be dead

I bought my Note 8 in Feb. 2018, so it's not that old of a phone.  Yesterday, the screen randomly went black and some distorted sound came from the speakers.  The Galaxy Note8 logo started flashing on and off multiples times so I hard reset when I held Volume down/Power buttons.  After a few minutes, it came back to life with around 15% battery, but wouldn't charge or recognize that there was a charger plugged in.  Tried a wireless charger and still no response.  That 15% drained super quick, and before I know it, the phone was toast.  Now nothing happens.  Indicator light doesn't light up when plugged in. It won't boot up in regular or safe mode.  Tried everything, pressed every combo of buttons I've read,  and it's still a brick.

Has anyone out there had the same happen?  Is it possible to bring it back to life?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 no longer turning on or charging - Seems to be dead

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

MaxAMillion
Constellation

Thanks for the response.  Sending to you now.  Thank you.

Samsung_DdCSz5d
Astronaut

Reset phone to factory

See if you can try using a wireless charging pad with the usb cable plugged in. I read somewhere there is a glitch in the USB driver that won't allow USB charging on an over drained battery