Re: Note 8 no wifi calling feature with Oreo update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. Your post helped.

13 REPLIES 13
userqInjCrKU6n
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Depends on your service provider, vodafone send a setting to the phone, however, Im not able to get wifi calling working despite the option there

userRdhvfV3kzW
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your note. I have an unlocked T Mobile brand Note 8, using Mint Sim sim card, which uses the T Mobile network. Since doing the Oreo update, the Wifi calling feature is not available on the phone, which was previously available. I have called TMobile about the issue and they won't assist me because I'm not a direct client of them. I called my provider and they promised to inform the issue to T Mobile. We should demand from Samsung & the Carriers for the future, to inform their clients of the pros & cons of an operational system update so that in advance we know the consequences of downloading an update....

LiftedYJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you sure it was there before the update? I was told the factory note 8 does not have wifi calling. But I just found it on mine. Hit the phone icon, the 3 dots, settings, and scroll to the bottom.

userRdhvfV3kzW
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is a T Mobile branded and I'm sure I was able to use wifi calling feature before the Oreo update. I checked up you recommendation as to how to look for this feature accessing it thru the phone icon, but no, it's not there. 

userOtNJPNJH36
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. Your post helped.

userRdhvfV3kzW
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did it helped? Were you able to set up the wifi calling feature? If so, how did you do it?

MightyBen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi ,wondering is your issue resolved? 

I have similar issue with my tmobile branded  galaxy s8 runs latest firmware, I just recently unlocked it thru tmobile, but  after that  wifi call feature is literally been removed from my phone...

Note, before  unlocking wifi call works perfect..btw I'm using  mint mobile 

usergKjTdxT6tI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you figure out what the issue was , I have the same problem .After unlocking my TMobile issued Samsung phone and switching to Mint Mobile wifi calling option is disabled. Cant get it back even after multiple attempts .Please let me know if there is a way to enable it 

MightyBen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

no.. i m just expecting once OneUI Pie updated this issue can be auto resolved though chance are very low. 

I also tried with one t-mobile dead sim card, interesting is as long as it's T-mo sim card wifi-calling option is avaialbe.  i am pretty sure T-mobile teamed up with Samsung did something on software level to check  sim card number whether it's t-mobile or not... if not,  well then not give you an option for wifi calling. at least from what i tested this is how it is. very regret i unlock my phone, wifi-call feature is too important to me rather than unlock and swich another carrier.