JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 03-28-2018 08:57 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
CaffeineQueen89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This appears to have worked for me for now. If it happens again at least I know what to try first!

CaffeineQueen89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Aaaand it's back. Uh.
0 Likes
Jeff-S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

None of the above suggestions worked. The icon continues to appear and I cannot charge my phone

0 Likes
userx5jRxNapc0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'e had my phone for a month and lately it says moisture detected and it' not wet or hasn' come in contact with any moisture and ever since the first time it's happened it has not been able to fast charge. Also when I plug in my phone it says "charging" "fast charging" "connect charger" "charging" all within 5 seconds of plugging it in and I'm sure that's not normal . Has anyone had these issues ?

0 Likes
CRAZYISH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the same problem . I had to take it to the samsung store in nyc .. they told me it was the charging port.  Funny thing is i never droped it or even had water on it . Anyways it cost me about 50 bucks to fix 🤔

0 Likes
userx5jRxNapc0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you.
0 Likes
CRAZYISH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Like i said earlier there must be a problem with the charging port on the note 8. Have it fix for 50 bucks . Seems that the warranty doesn't apply to it

userChB5Fd1bj2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Horrible solution.  How did OP accept that.  This all started, to 100's of people, since the Oreo update, NEVER happened on Nougat.

0 Likes
userRUXxof5O0f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This started with the upgrade to  Pie. If I have my phone booted it works fine. But if I Power off my phone it will start telling me there is moisture in the port and not charge. Happens everytime.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there @userRUXxof5O0f,  We will be happy to look into this further for you.

Can you send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes