JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 05-04-2018 03:40 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Marc- just Marc

Well if it is a Samsung Cable, we would be able to replace it if it was less than a year old under its warranty. Do you still have the proof of purchase fro the cable?

0 Likes
Marc- just Marc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, we probably do, the husband keeps all of the original reciepts for our phones etc.

Would this be something that is done through Samsung.com or the AT&T corporate location?

0 Likes
Marc- just Marc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I hate to throw this in there too but we also purchased a wireless charging stand in silver that does not work properly and my husband has been getting the run-around trying to get it replaced for about 6 months now.
He has multiple tickets , promised call backs, etc with no resolution. Can you as a moderator suggest anything?
0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Marc- just Marc

Well to start an exchange for those accessories, you can call us at 1 800 726 7864 if you have a valid receipt and it is less than one year from the data of purchase. As for the ticket with the other charging stand, if you give me the ticket number I can take a look to see the status of it, but I can't make any promises if is being handled by another department. Send the ticket number in a private message, just to prevent any personal information from getting out.

user5WyogptqpE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i iust went into system updates and updated the PRL and PROFILE and the drop of water icon has disappeared

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user5WyogptqpE: Thank you for sharing 🙂

0 Likes
eves_owner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

System updates, what is that under?

I'm also getting that error message and my phone nor its charger has been anywhere near water or moisture of any kind.

tHANKS

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you using the charger that came with the device? Have you tried to blow into the charging port on the device and gently shake the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNn6hV7OSoV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have only used the charger that came with the phone and have not wet either and am suffering from that moisture warning! My note 7 was completely submerged and taking pictures beneath a waterfall and this note 8 can't even hold up. For 3 weeks I've had to use a cheap amazon wireless charger. Must be software issue for sure! 

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

0 Likes