JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 10-22-2019 11:23 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
Fintile
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've slowly come to that conclusion as well. I took the SIM card out and it's got a bright white sticker so no moisture inside phone. I bought a brand new cable from Verizon and as soon as I unplugged it, it came back on. I've reset phone, clears USB cache, reset in safe mode, cleared system cache and still no fix. Rest while plugged into charger only makes phone rest itself over and over and over with out progressing past first screen. Samsung just let us remove this awful feature for good! I also considered getting a magnetic charger where the plug is always in the port, but as soon as you disconnect the power...guess what...it pops back up!

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out to us, We will be happy to assist you further. Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Fintile
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is this in response to my post or another users post?
0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Fintile, Yes, this is in response to the message you posted requesting help. We would like to know has there been any physical or liquid damage to the device or it's USB charging cable/box?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Fintile
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Oh cool, yeah. In my original post I mentioned all that. Haven't even dropped the phone (I know, sounds impossible, but yes I have never dropped my phone the entire year I've owned the phone.)
No water damage, no drops, no water, clean(brand new) charging cables.
0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you so much for confirming that information, We would like to request that you send the below information in a private message here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

First and Last Name:
Property Address:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Alternate phone Number:
(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

0 Likes
Fintile
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ok, well I'm not sure how that's going to help. Not comfortable with giving out my information when I'm having a possible software issue that many other people are also having issues with.
userJxqEyBMHbf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've been having this issue for a year now. The only fix is if you buy an $100 wireless charger. When you hook it to the wireless, suddenly the normal charging port works. Problem is I had to spend 300 bucks on wireless chargers because if I have one at home, it happens at work or If I'm traveling. This is obviously a Samsung scam. They will get 300 bucks out of me in chargers, but longterm I will never buy a Samsung again. Fix the issue Samsung 

0 Likes
userg3YQTpJmgO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So, since my phone is unlocked, I probably should connect to smart switch to get this update correct? Thank you.  Also someone have told me before, that if you factory reset and don't download settings or backups from Google and Samsung it works. And havent gotten any issues in weeks, I've yet to try it as yet. Also I've spoken to a representative and they said delete the usb cache and data in settings. And shut down and restart, That's temporary also. 

@user5WyogptqpE wrote:

i iust went into system updates and updated the PRL and PROFILE and the drop of water icon has disappeared

0 Likes
Cha-ching
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Kindly try the following: Step 1: Go to Galaxy Note 8 applications manager You can access Galaxy Note 8 applications manager in Settings —Apps. By default, USB settings, like other system apps, are hidden in the app list. To show system apps, as shown below, in Galaxy Note 8 applications manager page, tap the menu key (3 vertical dots) to access the menu . Step 2: Choose to show system apps As shown above, in the applications manager menu, tap Show systems apps. This would make all apps including system apps visible. Step 3: Find USB settings app The apps are listed alphabetically. You can easily find USB settings as shown below. Tap USB settings to open the App info page for this app. Step 4: Clear cache and clear data for USB settings As shown above, in app info page, tap Storage. You need to tap clear cache first as shown below. Then tap clear data. You will get a warning message after tapping clear data as shown below. Tap Delete to proceed. Step 5 Reboot the phone. Now, you can try to reboot Galaxy Note 8. Then, try to charge the phone through USB port again. This work for me perfectly. Good luck