cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 not fast charging and says moisture detected randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a fast charging cable that was purchased directly from AT&T at the same time that we bought the car charger. The fast charge cable is attached to the port of the car charger and has started to give an error message of "Moisture detected, please remove cable" or such. 

Neither of our phones has been exposed to moisture, the car if not moist (especially on a sunny 75 degree day), nor does the actual coil cable from the car charger give this message. The phones will automatically reboot itself once this error happens. 

Online searches and community searches are not showing any acceptable "solutions"; I cannot believe that it is the charging port as it doesnt happen with any other cable, nor can I understand how forcing a reboot on the phone is the right answer.

It seems that Samsung has not addressed the actual issue that it may be their cable that is causing the error. It cannot be the phone if it doesnt happen consistently with all charging cables. I am currently hooked up to the out of the box charger in my office and I have never had the moisture error to happen.

Model of phone: SM-N95OU

Cable info, to the best of my knowledge: Belkin 6-ft Type C to Type A USB Charge & Sync Cable

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user5WyogptqpE
Constellation

Re: Note 8 not fast charging and says moisture detected randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i iust went into system updates and updated the PRL and PROFILE and the drop of water icon has disappeared

23 REPLIES 23
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @Marc- just Marc

So just to make sure I have all the details. When your phone is giving this message it is connected to the car charger? And no other charger gives this message? Or does the belkin cable give you that message as well?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

The coiled car charger does not give the error. It is the Belkin cable charger that is attached to the USB port of the coiled car charger's charging base.

I am not sure that Belkin is the manufacturer as it has the Samsung logo on both ends of the USB male adaptors. It was purchased at a corporate AT&T location so I am thinking it is a direct Samsung product now that I think about it. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Marc- just Marc

Well if it is a Samsung Cable, we would be able to replace it if it was less than a year old under its warranty. Do you still have the proof of purchase fro the cable?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, we probably do, the husband keeps all of the original reciepts for our phones etc.

Would this be something that is done through Samsung.com or the AT&T corporate location?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I hate to throw this in there too but we also purchased a wireless charging stand in silver that does not work properly and my husband has been getting the run-around trying to get it replaced for about 6 months now.
He has multiple tickets , promised call backs, etc with no resolution. Can you as a moderator suggest anything?
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Marc- just Marc

Well to start an exchange for those accessories, you can call us at 1 800 726 7864 if you have a valid receipt and it is less than one year from the data of purchase. As for the ticket with the other charging stand, if you give me the ticket number I can take a look to see the status of it, but I can't make any promises if is being handled by another department. Send the ticket number in a private message, just to prevent any personal information from getting out.

user5WyogptqpE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i iust went into system updates and updated the PRL and PROFILE and the drop of water icon has disappeared

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5WyogptqpE: Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

eves_owner
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

System updates, what is that under?

I'm also getting that error message and my phone nor its charger has been anywhere near water or moisture of any kind.

tHANKS