cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note 8 not playing media via Bluetooth

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruCOkWe4SdI Are you able to play media through other bluetooth devices, such as headphones or external speakers? Also, have you checked with the car / stereo manufacturer to verify all the settings are correct for playing media? I know with my car I can have my phone connected and take calls via bluetooth but still listen to the radio or a cd unless I change the car stereo settings. 

useruCOkWe4SdI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I do not have problems with the car's audio system switching between, say playing a CD and switching to a phone call. The most obvious thing I noticed is that when in Bluetooth settings for the Blue&Me, I am unable to toggle on Media Audio. It remains gray and immediately toggles back when intro to switch it on.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruCOkWe4SdI Thank you for that clarification. What about using the phone to play audio on other bluetooth devices? Are you able to test if that works? 

useruCOkWe4SdI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried connecting with a simple Bluetooth speaker at home; no problems with media audio. Also paired with my wife's car (UConnect), same issue; phone calls work, media audio will not. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruCOkWe4SdI Could you check to make sure you have file sharing enabled on the phone?

useruCOkWe4SdI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please clarify.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruCOkWe4SdI; Try the steps provided below. Let us know if they resolve the issue. 

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right).
  2. From the Apps tab, tap Settings.
  3. Tap More.
  4. Tap Nearby devices.
  5. Tap the File sharing switch (located in the upper-right) to enable or disable.
  6. Tap Content to share.
  7. Select any of the following to enable or disable then tap OK.
Highlighted
useruCOkWe4SdI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm not able to follow steps 1 or 2 on my Note8 (Tmobile)
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruCOkWe4SdI; While this is not an official Samsung website, I want to give you a link to support for your Mirror screen on car display. Just click on the word LINK and you are all set. Let us know if this resolves your issue. 

useroYLqMwe6pz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I am having the same issue and its really annoying. I am really getting turned off by Samsung because something always seems not to work. 2 weeks ago, the right speaker in my car stopped playing audio from my phone. When I play radio, both speakers work. I took my car to the shop, they said its definitely not the car. I just connected my bluetooth headphones and the same thing. For a $1,000, it`s a shame for users to have to go through these kind of problems. Please help!!!