cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 not playing media via Bluetooth

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted the solutions presented in this thread?

useriRimxqtim1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 8 has worked well with my 2013 Kia Sportage until recently. While I can hear phone calls through the car's Bluetooth, it won't play any media from the Note 8. I talked to Kia customer service. I opened the Bluetooth settings and the car is paired, but the media audio and call audio are off. I turn them on, but they turn themselves off (but I can still talk on the phone through the car's bluetooth).   Have recent system updates to the Galaxy affected compatibility. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriRimxqtim1 Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried clearing the cache for the phone and tried reconnecting it? 

useriRimxqtim1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Willing to give it a shot. How do I clear the cache? Are we talking the Internet browser (Chrome) or something else? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriRimxqtim1 These are the steps on how to clear the cache on your phone here.

useriRimxqtim1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cache cleared, attempting reconnect. Wish me luck, I'm goin' in.

useriRimxqtim1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Partial success: I could get my Aamzon music playing through the car. The call audio and media audio buttons stayed on. 

Google Maps won't play through the car Bluetooth, and for me, that's as important as having my phone work with the car, maybe more so. 

I'm going to try clearing the Google Maps cache. I have saved certain addresses within the app, so that shouldn't affect them. 

useriRimxqtim1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cleared the cache on the Google Maps app and restarted the phone. It still will not play through the car's Bluetooth. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you already tried resetting your Bluetooth settings and making your car forget the device then repairing?

DineshMJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I could solve the problem of Audio not being played on Bose Revolve SoundLink this way:

I reset the Bose Revolve SoundLink by pressing down the Power button for 10+ seconds. Then I restarted the Bose Revolve SoundLink by pressing the Power Button. It asked me to select English as the langauge by pressing the Multi-function button, and I did it. Then I went to Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and re-scanned, and connected to the Bose speaker, and it started playing audio on the bluetooth speaker!

Thanks and regards,

Dinesh Muciliath Jayadevan