cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFcL1n3DomY
Astronaut

Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My note 8 wll not connect to my trucks Bluetooth. Is there a patch coming for older versions of Bluetooth?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGuXJbiFV0Y I hate to hear that you are having this issue with your Note8. Please take a look at the troubleshooting link below and le us know if this helps you: 

View solution in original post

156 REPLIES 156
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userFcL1n3DomY

Often times in cases like these, it's actually the vehicle's Bluetooth that needs to be update to the newer version. I would advise reaching out to your truck manufacture to see if an update is coming for that.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user6FefcpNx24
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there Samsung,  thanks for the reply.  Seems to me that alot of people are having this issue. But, in most threads you'll notice two things. 1. That all phones before the 8 series are working fine and 2 it seems to be affecting most older cars.  This leads me to believe that there is something in your new bluetooth technology that may not be backwards compatable with older versions of bluetooth.  I would seem a bit strange that all of us should need to find a way to contact our car manufacturers and ask them to update their stereos.  Imagine if your DVD player didn't play on older tv's.  Would you off the same advice.  Please have your company cosider doing the right thing and stand behind this 1000 dollar flagship phone and make it so that it can be used properly by the large audience you sought to seel it to.  

Please.  We did our job.  We reached in our pockets and shelled out enought money to buy a washer and dryer on our phones, but we can't use it to play music in our cars.  I've gone back to using my note 4 because its safer for driving (not plugging and unplugging in wires at 70 MPH is nuts) 

2013 optima.  No Car audio.

userHVdOgQZdox
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my truck cannot connect. My truck is 2007 and I haven't had any problem with no other phones. I have a iphone 7 and it connected fine.

useravFAPhOb7d
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2013 Camry and have already upgraded the system in my car.   Additonally, I had my cell phone carrier to send me another BRAND NEW Note 8 just to be sure.   It still does not work this is a MAJOR inconvenience!!!!!

useravFAPhOb7d
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FED UP!   I want my money back!   Phone price is the equivalent of two monthly vehicle payments.   OUTRAGED!!!!

SMSNGFan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue and I agree.

mamaqueue
Constellation

No notification when pen is out of slot. Phone is off. I'm on my 2nd pen already. I normally NEVER set it down but I've gotten into numerous situ of late where I just don't have the chance to reality it. So not cool. There is no app in the setting for an S Pen. There's just the pull down and the front page. All those settings are in place.

userGOWQPB1n4G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. This is unacceptable and the experts keep giving the same tired excuse. 

userapAVUvQvOB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
having the same issue. I agree with you totally. pleas fix this inconvenience.