cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In your settings under apps, clear the blue tooth data and cache and restat phone. Then on your boom speaker, try pressing and holding down at same time the power and volume up button for 6 to 8 seconds. If that doesnt do any thing, try holding down both power and volume down button for same time. Then, turn on bluetooth on phone and see it it pairs either on it's own, or using the power button.

userfPZ8w0AhNE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well my Beopaly H5 headphones are seen by the phone, but
everythime the message comes out "Connection refused by Beoplay H5" 
What an inconvence, Samsung guys.

Will you please do something to fix one of the basic functionalities on your most expensive phone ?
$#^@%&#^#^%

user2J8lzu8yIO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2o17 for escape and it connects drops connection and picks it back up again.  Drives me insane    

usernDKRV57fsJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 8 (apparently after updates) after 7 months would not connect to my vehicle; Buick Enclave 2015;  and my bluetooth selfie stick. I returned the selfie stick thinking that was the problem.  

After several calls to Samsung Customer Service (yes we know its a problem, no we don't know when there will be a patch, try updating your vehicle's software (I have the newest software according to Buick), send us your phone and we will fix it - maybe), and several calls to US Cellular without results, I finally had a US Cell rep. tell me that the only thing I could do was to backup and reset my phone. 

After I backed up and was ready to reset, I noticed that you could reset your network settings (wi-fi, bluetooth and other network settings) to their defaults. So instead of doing a factory reset and losing everything I tried this. Worked like a charm, my vehicle now connects and all my other devices are connecting so far. 

1.  Go to Settings - General Management

2. Select Reset

3. Select Reset network settings

I did not loose any of my data on my phone such as messages or pictures (I had already backed my phone up just in case). 

Hope this works for you too. Good Luck

userrEodAYzN9G
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked!!! Just changed from iPhone for 10 years to note. And I never had issues pairin any devices to my car until this new phone. But your steps worked!!!! Thank you

userSIEQxlNJwV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One thing that was not mentioned you will have to re-pair ALL of your devices. I am sad I did this. 

userwLvn3nMevZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just received my note 8 back from Samsung, supposed to have fixed not hold charge. My Bluetooth worked just fine connection to Anker speaker, but since back will not recognize it! Use for teaching.  I need this. Why did I pay so much $ for product that seems riddled with issues? I'm ready to chuck it for $10 phone I purchased at Wal-Mart!!!

Too bad $900.00 phone is going to end up in a drawer bc I don't need frustration of Samsung. Please DO NOT refer to your department as CUSTOMER SERVICE, bc I seriously doubt you have a clue what that means!