cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKro26Ps8rP
Astronaut

Re: Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree.  Haven't tried it with my car yet, but it also doesn't work with the Bose link devices which I use a lot.  Now what will I do for music?

userVL2QgkOZeG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userSiFZoDihtI
Constellation

Re: Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have successfully bluetooth-paired my GN8 with my macbookair, doing everything the normal way, but making sure to confirm the computer first then the phone. I also paired with LG HBS700 headphone. LG instructions had an option for pairing something new or havinog to pair again. This did not work the first time I tried it, but the next time I activated GN8 bluetooth it found the headphones. They paired and have worked together through several off-and-on. HTH. Good luck. Can't speak to car, since mine has no bluetooth. But with auxiliary cord and mike, I can use phone handsfree, give instructions to call so-and-so, then talk through the mike/speaker system.

userJHDXI9JuJj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had to go back to an older Note too, just so I can connect to my Omron blood pressure cuff. It's absolutely imperative I keep my physician up to date on my blood pressure & glucose readings. Now the Note 8 killed that. And it's a new & very upper end model. Why can't the Note 8 work with it now? Think, had I sold my older Note, or traded it in, do you know what creek Samsung would have sent me up?!!!  

userJHDXI9JuJj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Funny thing is Samsung phones are pushing all this healthy app & ability to read meters & one of the top of the line their BT total fails to access. "Buy us for your health needs, we just can't access your devices. Oops"

userrEodAYzN9G
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Try to reset your connection settings. It worked for me.. someone posted the steps here in the thread. I think it was settings, general management, reset and then reset network settings.. It won't delete anything from phone. It worked for me. After I did that.. I tried and didn't think it worked until I tried once more and my cars Bluetooth popped up on the scan list on my phone and then they paired!
userFjvEIdyEVn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As with many owning a Samsung Note 8 phone (which really do enjoy using) having recently update the software (upon their recommendations) I no longer can pair my phone with my 2012 Chrysler Town & Country.  Having unpair and pairing again several times have proven to fail each time.  Totally in agreement with others,  to spend as much for a piece of metal for it not to pair with my vehicle is thoughtless, at the least.  

user67pQhc9OBW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, i believe the issue lies in the Note 8 BLUETOOTH version.  So I downloaded an app called BLUETOOTH pair (It's blue and has the BLUETOOTH symbol and a chain link on it).  This has  allowed my headphones to connect to my note 8.  Hope this is the solution to everyone else's BLUETOOTH issues.

VRPrince
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ho

VRPrince
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know the person who replied is just being helpful and this is NOT DETECTED at them, it's directed to Samsung. Do you feel stupid telling a customer who purchased a 2016, $80,000 vehicle to basically take my car to the dealership and update my bluetooth, which isn't an option BTW. So hmmm, should I get rid of an $80K vehicle or a stupid phone that is causing such inconvenience. How hard or inconvenient in the name of customer service,  would it have been to let the customer paying almost $1,000 for you smart phone to have an option between both bluetooth options (old/new). Samsung, well played...I'm jumping ship stat, cuz I need bluetooth in my vehicle as I travel and conduct business on the road. #WellPlayed #Genius #BunchOfIdiots