cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSIEQxlNJwV
Constellation

Re: Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 8 does not work with my TEsla Model 3, or my plantronics headset. It has issues with an Amazon basic speaker. My ipad, and husbands Moto G 5 all work fine with these devices - that means its my note 8.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSIEQxlNJwV have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by userrEodAYzN9G? Also, does your phone connect with any other Bluetooth devices?

userSIEQxlNJwV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes some, and it does connect with those devices sometimes, sometimes just for calls but not media, sometimes it connects but it takes a long time, sometimes it will connect if I force it to. Sometimes I have to unpair and repair. sometimes I have to clear the cache. I did just do the networkreset - wish I had known that it wiped out all my pairings. Now it won't see the plantronics headset. It did see the speaker and paired with it fine for now. I have dual turned on. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend taking your device to a UbreakIfix so they can run a diagnostic on your device.

userSIEQxlNJwV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have scheudled service because even after the reset I am having the same issues. I really hate this phone. 

Wicked68
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFcL1n3DomY wrote:
My note 8 wll not connect to my trucks Bluetooth. Is there a patch coming for older versions of Bluetooth?

Hmm, I'm not having this issue with my car, connects fine- 2016 Sonata Hybrid. I need to try to connect my other stuff (smartwatches, wireless headphones) to see if there is an issue. Are you having trouble connected through Bluetooth to any other item?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user6FefcpNx24

You're right in one way, it is the newer models of phones, the S8, S8+ and the Note 8. This is because they all use Bluetooth 5, when phone models before that used an older Bluetooth. That's why I mentioned that the car needs the update, to be compatible with the newest Bluetooth 5. That's also why @Wicked68 isn't seeing the same problem with their car since it's a 2016 car and probably got the update for the Bluetooth 5.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

8bitgymrat
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue and my car is a Honda CRV 2017 touring thus newer model and the phone isn't working and pairing on a bunch on my devices isn't working properly either. I have been a note fan for a long time and traded my pixel xl to samung for this. I hope there is another solution. 

userjcWCsBqeP5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2018 Nissan Altima and my note 8 connects to my car just fine, but my Husbands note 8 can not find the car t ok connect to and we purchased these phones at the same time.  What could be the issue? 

uservSi5HujSU5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello, im in a 2017 Nisssan Armada(rental) and having the same issue. it connects to the audio but not media. now in my 2014 Mercedes GLk 350 it's vice versa I have media and no audio. I think it's the Bluetooth.