cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam-g1
Astronaut

Note 8 randomly turns off, anyone else?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 8 that I've had for a few months seems to just randomly turn off. It only happens maybe 3-5 times a week but it's very odd. If I try to then start the phone back up, it gets to the lockscreen like usual and shuts back off. If I wait for a few minutes all is well for a few days. I've cleared the cache, factory reset, tested the battery.. everything I can think of. It even was doing it pre android pie, and is still doing it after the upgrade. Very odd stuff! Sounds like maybe a hardware issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 8 randomly turns off, anyone else?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly if the reset was also of no help, I would recommend repairs to have the device evaluated by a technician. You're welcome to message us here with the model code and IMEI number of the phone and we can look into this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like it may be a firmware issue. Have you tried reinstalling your firmware? Check XDA Developers for a guide, as I cannot give one here. I can say, however, that it is fairly simple and worth a shot. Also, be sure to backup your data.

usery31kMDrD0M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 8 does a similar thing ... but seems to be related to charging ... it will randomly shut down with a black screen and a green circle with a Thunderbolt in it  ... needs to cool down & it takes a few times for it to reboot its self ... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot. It should help.

usergofsNHxyjp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does the same thing, started about 4 months ago (after phone was about 1 year old with 0 issues), tried same things, Safe mode, and finally a complete reset. Died right away after reset so did it again and it was good for a few weeks, then started again. Today it died soon after the 1st app screen appears, tried without SIM card and memory card, same results. Just tried for 10th time and it's running again. I'm ready to trade it in as from Google searches it's not uncommon! I may try a firmware rebuild/update next..

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly if the reset was also of no help, I would recommend repairs to have the device evaluated by a technician. You're welcome to message us here with the model code and IMEI number of the phone and we can look into this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post