cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 8 reboots when turning Wi-Fi off.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend trying a factory reset. Make sure to back up all of your data before doing so. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine too! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here...but I also notice that it's not a full restart, as you would normally see when you long press the power button and choose Restart. Mine freezes for a few seconds, then the screen shrinks to 1/4 size and moves up to the upper left corner. Then it goes through what seems to be an abbreviated reboot process, skipping the "Samsung Galaxy Note8" splash screen. This HAS to be a Verizon update snafu. Anyone at Samsung notifying Verizon?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree...it is not like a regular restart.  The screen freezes, then turns black, then I get the blue/green spinning circle around the lock since my phone is encrypted.  It takes half the time to boot versus a full restart.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And I found that one of the negative consequences of this short restart is that the SD Card can no longer be identified and read. I have to fully Restart and the SD card can then be read. I has to find out the hard way by trying to see pictures and those on the SD card wouldn't show up. Have you tried to contact Verizon?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also am having this problem with the wifi, restart, AND SD CARD!!!! IS SAMSUNG AND OR VERIZON LISTENING????

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing exact same thing..... Samsung or veizon need to figure it out.....and SOON!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Ever since Verizon update on Galaxy S8. Turn off WiFi and reboots. Also SD card randomly disappears now as others have also stated.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey you guys, if you are continuing to have this issue after placing the phone into Safe Mode and a reboot. I would recommend going to your local Best Buy and have them perform a software reflash on your device. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue on my Verizon Note 8 as well as my two NEW S9's AND an S7 started doing it.  What the heck Samsung?!!