cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 8 reboots when turning Wi-Fi off.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the latest update from Verizon, my Note 8 will reboot every time I turn Wi-Fi off.  I can turn it on, but as soon as I tap to turn it off the screen goes black, reboots and I get the lock with blue/green circle spinning then prompt for my unlock code.  It also does it in safe mode.  I have done everything except a hard reset.  Anyone else having this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 8 reboots when turning Wi-Fi off.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read somewhere else that someone with this issue fixed it by uninstalling twc/charter/spectrum internet app that auto connects to wifi ... Might be worth a shot..ill give it a try and report back 

Update : Uninstalled my spectrum... And went into wifi networks and cleared out a bunch of old ones including any relating to time Warner or spectrum or cablewifi. 

That seemed to do the trick .. No more reboots when turning off wifi 

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same issue too after last Verizon update. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Have you guys tried placing your phone in safe mode?

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it also does it in safe mode (mentioned in my initial post).  I have done everything short of a hard reset (clear cache, etc).

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, so if you have already tried the different steps listed here and it's still not working properly for you, then repairs are recommended. You can message us here with the below information and we'd be happy to look into repair options for you: http://bit.ly/2Hy7fsE

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
One interesting note is that a program I use to toggle Wi-Fi on/off automatically based on location (Smart Wi-Fi Toggle) can turn Wi-Fi off without causing the reboot. It is only if I use the toggle in the pulldown or under the Wi-Fi settings.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you recently updated your software? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes .This problem started after the June 29 Verizon update for the note 8. June 1 security patch. Version ending (4CRF3)  The phone reboots if u toggle wifi off .Also in safe mode .

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here...after last Verizon security update.