cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gnomeish
Constellation

Note 8 s-pen replacement

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I lost or broke my s-pen for the galaxy note 8 how would I get another one.  Haven't lost it yet but thought it would be worth the ask.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
McNote8
Constellation

Re: Note 8 s-pen replacement

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just checked and a replacement pen is available on samsung.com for $49.99

31 REPLIES 31
McNote8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just checked and a replacement pen is available on samsung.com for $49.99

userPZ5ccuRJ3v
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
49.99?!?! what the **bleep**? your playing right?!
Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope. Really no change from the previous Notes. The Wacom pen designed for the Notes are around $40USD.  And their other pens are more expensive than this. My Intuos Pen would cost $80USD to replace.

userPZ5ccuRJ3v
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What about the AWINNER Note 8 S Pen replacement?
Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userPZ5ccuRJ3v Personally, I wouldn't trust that in my 1k phone. YMMV and you get what you pay for comes to mind. Reading from nib breaking, pen breaking in half, sensitivity issues, button not working as well, etc. It's a mixed bag and not very cost effective it you end up replacing it every few months.

I bought an S-Pen with eraser for around $40, over 3 years ago and still works with a few quirks on the latest Note 8. And I've dropped it countless times and it still works on my Surface Pro 2, Note 2 and Note 8. Some offset is noticeable but still works fine.
userwSSLTHxDLn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Vic20: Do you know which model you have/where I could buy one? I also have an old S pen with eraser that has worked with every Wacom device I've had, except the Note 8. The phone doesn't recognize it at all, nor does it recognize the S pen from my Note 3, so somewhere along the line they changed something.

Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwSSLTHxDLn

I have the Note 2 S Pen, first Note 10.1 S Pen, S Pen with eraser (for Note 2) and MS Pro Pen (for MS Surface Pro 2). These work okay with the Note 8 but not perfectly. There is an offset with the pens and sometimes doesn't register. I think it's more due to pressure sensitivity on the pens and screen digitizer. The Note 8 has 4096 levels while the pens I have are 1024 levels. These pens I have are no longer available and probably discontinued. You'll probably find them in the secondary market.

userwSSLTHxDLn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Vic20

Thanks for the info. That's funny, since I also have the S Pen with eraser for Note 2 and the Note 8 doesn't pick it up at all. Must be slight differences in the way different units (of either the pen or the phone) are manufactured. Maybe I'll try to pick up an old MS Pro Pen and see if that works.

usereFj2yvjMo8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take the s-pen in the phone out then try the other s-pen. You might have to disable "in phone detection" or something like that.  If it still doesn't work, I don't know.