cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8rKzSL618R
Constellation

Note 8 screen burn in after 1 year

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 8 had it's one year birthday last month. Just today, I became aware of very noticeable image retention from Google maps. The crazy thing is I told my wife that switching from Apple was such a great choice because the display is so fantastic. Then this happens.

What are the chances that screen burn in will be fixed by Samsung repair without it monetarily justifying a switch back to an iPhone?

Will all Samsung phones have screen burn in after a year? Is my screen issue just normal?

Carrier: Verizon

Brightness: Auto

Pruchase Date: Sep 2017

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 screen burn in after 1 year

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there @NOHCHO and @usertvIszHsb8G, with screen burn-in issues you are going to want to have a technician look at the device so they can diagnose the problem. You can visit a uBreakiFix location if one is local to you or you can send the device into our service center. If you are unsure about your warranty status you can private message us here with your full model code and IMEI number so we can check that for you.

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't make any guarantees, but I can see what I can do. Mind shooting me a message here with the model code and IMEI of the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userrrT2k4eZF3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The image fromone of my previous wallpapers is burned into my screen.  I did not notice it until i selected a lighter wallpaper.  I have read that there were software pushes to fix this.  Is that the only option out there?  Aside from buyting a new phone?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userLcZfhZuFf1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have noticed screen burn on my Note 8. The main home screen icons are burned in despite the fact that my screen is set to turn off after a couple of minutes.

balistc1000
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the home, return and apps buttons burn in too. I even noticed the top notification line is also burnt in. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@balistc1000, Can I get your full model code and IMEI number via private message Here?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

NoteMan007
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Burn in after 1 year is pretty out of the norm. My note 8 is just as old (i think older) and I've got no burn in at all. Try calling your carrier and seeing if they will swap it out and within the 1 year warranty. If not then I'd call Samsung cause 1 year is just... not normal. And a few note 8s did have abnormal burn in issues so I'd see what they say

userBxY3AQcaRU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have screen burn of gboard on my screen. I thought I was the only one who saw this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could I get your IMEI number and Full model code in a private message?