Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stefan3
Asteroid

Note 8 stylus freezes up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I start writing with the stylus and I have the side of my hand on the edge of the screen, like how people normally write,  then whatever application that I'm writing in (memo, notes, etc.) Freezes up and becomes unresponsive. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uservgeyioXwNh
Constellation

Re: Note 8 stylus freezes up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen.  I did a factory reset and it corrected the issue.  Good luck. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
uservgeyioXwNh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen.  I did a factory reset and it corrected the issue.  Good luck. 

View solution in original post

Stefan3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you do any cloud restore/app restore, etc., afterward? Thanks in advance.

Ladybmj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion. However, if you do a factory reset doesn't that wipe contacts, notes, apps? I guess you can use Smart Switch to reload everything onto your phone again, but what an inconvenience.....as if we haven't been inconvenienced by Samsung enough already! Nonetheless, I love my phone...the camera is phenomenal, still getting use to Bixby....just need my Note feature to work!!! 

userRcNCXPN9Gb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You do not have to do a factory reset...!
I chatted with samsung tech support and their suggestion solved my same issue.
Quick and simple..

Tech: "Go to settings>>apps(application manager)>>tap on more at the top right corner(three vertical dots)>>reset app preferences>>reset."

Me: "working.. yay!! what did that reset do?"

Tech: "Reset app preferences will reset all the apps/fractures settings on the phone, if there are any glitches it will fix them."

Tempsung
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So you advise me to reset factory default every day. It starts freezes abt an hr after I reset it. Im fed up of restarting and factory restarting again and again. Im request tò all who faces same problem, to force Samsung to take it back and give the full refund else lets go to court.

@uservgeyioXwNh wrote:

userRcNCXPN9Gb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You do not have to do a factory reset...!

I chatted with samsung tech support and their suggestion solved my same issue.

Quick and simple..

Tech: "Go to settings>>apps(application manager)>>tap on more at the top right corner(three vertical dots)>>reset app preferences>>reset."

Me: "working.. yay!! what did that reset do?"

Tech: "Reset app preferences will reset all the apps/fractures settings on the phone, if there are any glitches it will fix them."

userIN1m6aUZUv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did Reset app preference - did not help

MrRad
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I followed this method and it works. I also have just hit the power button and my phone will go to the lockscreen I swipe open to the main menu and then I open the page that had recently been frozen and is that hasn't Solved it yet then II found that it maybe  A Web page or browser issue and I  Reset that browser. If you do a factory reset on your phone I think you're going way too far to correct a simple issue on phone. Also, I've also tried replacing the tip of my S pen and that has  been responsive as well.

user1zzAM8jL43
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This method worked. Thank you very much.