cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Note 8 stylus freezes up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have the note 8 in a case that has a magnetic closure? I did, and it caused issues with the stylus working irratically and sometimes becoming unresponsive. Removed the case and all works fine.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I was truly hoping it would of been this easy but it is not. i've done the app default reset multiple times to no avail. three phone rings great without the S-pen. as soon as the sperm cones out it will write for a few seconds and then crash whatever application or touch wiz itself. I'm very frustrated that I can't even use the feature I bought the phone for.... the S- pen. Please help Samsung!!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine was doing this same thing. My wife's was not so I figured it was my phone. I did a factory data reset and that didn't fix it. Went to Verizon on the 15th to trade it out and.......New one was doing this same thing. Turns out there's a problem if you have triple tap on (where you tap the screen 3 times to zoom in)  and try to use the pen. I turned that off and it works great now. I haven't called Samsung yet to inform them of this problem. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you so much! That did the trick. I had returned the first phone thinking it was faulty. The phone would crash hard seconds after writing or using the s-pen. It's been rock solid since disabling the magnifier! I wish the word correction was a bit more accurate :-P My Previous post could use an edit. You made my day!! Thanks again!!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! So glad that fixed it because it was very frustrating. I use my phone for business and it had me down for several hours over this issue. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
how did you fix it?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In your settings you need to turn off "triple tap to zoom"! That will fix your pen crashing problem. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Triple tap to zoom is off - still can't use the S-pen.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank u so much!!!! took off triple zoom and so far so Good!!!!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for your post! My problem with the phone freezing every time I tried to use the S-pen was solved with your suggestion. 

For those who have not read his/her post, all you have to do is turn off magnification gestures. (Settings > Accessibility > Vision > Magnification gestures)

At least it worked for me!  Thanks again!