cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroDxULczOZt
Asteroid

Note 8 transfer pics to SD card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey all! New to forum. I've been searching the internet trying to find out how to move my pics from the internal storage to the SD card. I'd like to free up the space.

TIA

😉

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Note 8 transfer pics to SD card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anytime at all! So there is another way to get your pictures onto the SD card:

Open My File > Go to internal > Open > DCIM> Select the Camera Folder> Select the photos you want to move to the SD Card.

Let me know if that works for you. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Lokione
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to move the folder through the file system to the SD card

useroDxULczOZt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess I'm not sure how to do this. I went to my files, then pics, and I'm not given an option to move only share or delete.

Wicked68
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroDxULczOZt wrote:

I guess I'm not sure how to do this. I went to my files, then pics, and I'm not given an option to move only share or delete.

Download "Explorer" file manager app, you can access both your internal memory and sd card memory side-by-side. You can just copy and paste to your sd card folder

userJm8ZIwbJxZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you do that, then the app will not be able to see the files, right?... you need to set the app settings to default folder in  the SD card. How do you do that?

userf9ys4dtBJ3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem.  The moving of the pictures through the built-in "my files" application worked fine.  The other side of the problem was to switch the default location of pics so I won't have to move anymore.

Go to Settings > Apps > (There should be a section labled "Application Settings").  Once there choose Camera and underneath that menu there should be an option labed "Storage Location".  The two options shown should be Phone storage and SD card.  Choose SD Card and all future pics should be stored in a DCIM folder on the SD card

userBJIY1mJtil
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Option is under "More Settings" 🙃
useraG4AZDHbmD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
apps, my files app , there is a list of files like the one that says I internal storage go to DCIM and then pictures or photos or gallery , then select the photos that you want by holding the picture you want to move for a few seconds then in the too right hand corner there are 3 little dots click that then move photos it will open a similar folder option only this time select external sd storage and then DCIM then photos and don't forget to select done I hope this helps
userOCIvXEcNMD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!!

usermpj3kruzHN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That’s exactly what I’m getting and it’s very frustrating